Windows 10: Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

Discus and support Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LeoBloom, Mar 17, 2019.

1. LeoBloom Win User

Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0

I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4])

The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 - and Windows makes a sound that a USB is plugged in and it is visible on Windows Explorer

The Sandisk drive is recognized on USB #1,3, and 4 - nothing happens when the Sandisk drive is plugged into #2 - there is no Windows plug-in sound, no Windows Explorer drive displayed, and no changed in Device Manager

What else can I try (would like to have access for Sandisk on #2 since it is one of the two USB 3.0 ports that are easily accessible)

What should I do?

:)

LeoBloom, Mar 17, 2019

2. USB-IF to Develop Media Agnostic USB Specification

The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) today announced the development of the Media Agnostic (MA) USB specification. The specification is designed to allow wireless devices and docking stations to communicate over the USB protocol, without the need for a physical USB connection. An important design goal of the specification is to achieve wireless gigabit transfer rates while leveraging existing USB infrastructure, present in the form of:

• Open application programming interfaces in every major operating system
    • USB class specifications by USB-IF device working groups
    • A wealth of open-source/OS specific drivers for USB classes
    • Vendor-specific device drivers for a multitude of USB vendor-specific devices

Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive superspeed_usb_logo_thm.jpg

The WiGig Serial Extension (WSE) v1.2 specification from the Wi-Fi Alliance will provide the initial foundation for the Media Agnostic USB specification. The WSE specification has been formally transferred to the USB-IF from the Wi-Fi Alliance, and the WSE specification already incorporates the USB protocol.

"We are pleased to see the USB-IF use the WiGig Serial Extension in its development of the Media Agnostic USB specification," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Advanced wireless usages of serial bus technology have the potential to deliver great benefit to users."

Wireless devices implementing the Media Agnostic USB specification will be compliant with SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) and Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0). The USB-IF has established a Media Agnostic USB Work Group which is currently developing the MA USB specification 1.0.

Cristian_25H, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Assigning a usb port to a specific Com port

Hi guys,

My modem have 2 usb port, and i only need to use 1 of it.

My problem now is my modem is using a cfast card, whenever i change a cfast card and i plug into the usb port, the com port will keep jumping numbers and i do not want that.

Am i able to set the specific usb port to a specific com port number for example like COM port 3 whenever a usb is plug into the usb port?

Or is there any other way i can do it?

DerrickYong, Mar 17, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

USB 3.0 Specification Now Available

The USB 3.0 Promoter Group today announced the completion of the USB 3.0 specification, the technical map for device manufacturers to deliver SuperSpeed USB technology to the market.

SuperSpeed USB brings significant power and performance enhancements to the popular USB standard while offering backward compatibility with billions of USB-enabled PCs and peripheral devices currently in use by consumers. Delivering data transfer rates up to ten times faster than Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) with optimized power efficiency, SuperSpeed USB is the next step in the continued evolution of USB technology.

“SuperSpeed USB is the next advancement in ubiquitous technology,” said Jeff Ravencraft, USB-IF president and chairman. “Today’s consumers are using rich media and large digital files that need to be easily and quickly transferred from PCs to devices and vice versa. SuperSpeed USB meets the needs of everyone from the tech-savvy executive to the average home user.”

The USB 3.0 Promoter Group, comprised of Hewlett-Packard Company, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, ST-NXP Wireless and Texas Instruments, developed the USB 3.0 specification. The group now has transitioned the specification’s management to the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), the managing body of USB specifications. The USB 3.0 Promoter Group is now accepting adopters of the USB 3.0 specification, which has been finalized at the 1.0 level. To download both the specification and adopter agreement, visit http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/.

It is anticipated that initial SuperSpeed USB discrete controllers will appear in the second half of 2009 and consumer products will appear in 2010, with adoption continuing throughout 2010. The first SuperSpeed USB devices will likely include data-storage devices such as flash drives, external hard drives, digital music players and digital cameras.

The USB 3.0 specification debuted today in conjunction with the first SuperSpeed USB Developers Conference in San Jose, California. The conference provides attendees the first opportunity to hear directly from the creators of the USB 3.0 specification; keynote speakers will address advancements offered by the new technology. In addition to technical sessions, an exhibit area will showcase the latest developments and early designs featuring SuperSpeed USB technology. Attendees will obtain information on the best practices for incorporating SuperSpeed USB into their product roadmaps.

The USB 3.0 specification includes many advancements for both consumers and adopters, including higher speeds and enhanced power efficiency. For more information about the USB 3.0 specification, visit Information for Developers | USB-IF.

Source: Business Wire

btarunr, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Specific USB port

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  4. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  5. How to disable specific usb port

How to disable specific usb port: Heya! So windows keeps detecting and un-detecting usb devices that aren't even connected. I dont know if the problem is with the usb port or windows. So basically I am trying to switch that specific port off but windows keep detecting again, how do I do it?It shows "Unknown...
  6. How to disable specific usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  8. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  9. autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive: In windows 7, there is a checkbox i can click so windows will remember to launch a specific executable on a usb flash drive. but it seems in windows 10 this feature has disappeared. Can someone enlighten me so i get the same feature in Windows 10? This is very helpful for...
  10. Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific USB port doesn't recognize specific USB flash drive: Windows 10 custom built system - I have two USB flash drives - a Samsung USB 2.0 and a Sandisk USB 3.0 I have 4 USB ports at the top of the computer tower (Two are USB 3.0 [#1 and #2] and Two are USB 2.0 [#3 and #4]) The Samsung drive is recognized on USB #1,2,3, and 4 -...