Windows 10: Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10

Discus and support Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Every Windows Update that is rolled out, includes programs and applications that contain packages with exceptionally large files. As such,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 6, 2020
  2. R0H1T Win User

Windows 10 forced download

Turn "BITS" service to off or disabled & windows update to manual. Whenever you want to update windows, security &/or optional patches, just turn on "BITS" & start Windows update service & let OS do the rest. You might have to uncheck anything win10 related manually if it's in the download list.

Turning BITS off is the easiest way to save your bandwidth, even if you have ample amounts of it.

R0H1T, Jun 6, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10

1. Specify Absolute bandwidth that can be used to download Windows Updates in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Specify Absolute bandwidth

2. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  3. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  4. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates?: I'm trying to understand exactly how this works in 1709. Here is the Setting Quote: "LIMIT HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH IS USED FOR DOWNLOADING UPDATES IN THE BACKGROUND" The reason is, when I first did a clean install I wanted to make the downloads go as fast as possible, so I set...
  6. Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth

Windows 10 update download uses entire bandwidth: Hi all,Whenever windows downloads updates, it always uses the entire internet bandwidth. Due to this, I can't even check emails ,even antivirus can't download updates and it takes many hours before I can finally use the PC. I find this a big pain that I can't even do basic...
  7. Windows 10 uses your bandwidth to send other people updates

Windows 10 uses your bandwidth to send other people updates: Windows 10 launched on July 29 to much fanfare — it’s a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users — but along with the privacy issues, there’s another small thing you should check: by default, Windows 10 uses your internet connection to share updates with others across the...
  8. Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates download sucking up bandwidth: I work for a small company. We have no WSUS server. I've noticed that if I build a fresh machine and go to run the updates, it consume our entire internet connection. This did not / does not happen with our Windows 7 machines. We have a 30 MB connection, when no updates our...
  9. Specify How Windows and Store App Updates are Downloaded in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify How Windows and Store App Updates are Downloaded in Windows 10: How to: Specify How Windows and Store App Updates are Downloaded in Windows 10 How to Specify How Windows and Store App Updates are Downloaded in Windows 10 Windows Update Delivery Optimization lets you get Windows and Store app updates from sources in addition to...
  10. Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others: Windows 10 uses your Internet bandwidth to offer updates to others: Report... According to a report by The Next Web, this feature is designed to help users get updates faster and is enabled by default in Windows 10 Home and Pro editions. Other Windows 10 editions such as...