Windows 10: Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates

Discus and support Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Engaged restart transition means that Windows 10 will not be forced to reboot, but it will request users to restart, pick a time or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 27, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates

WinClub, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 "Engaged Restart Transition" GPO and Feature Updates Behavior

We are trying to transition to a GPO/Windows Update for Business update model, but I am frustrated with the behavior of the GPO "Specify engaged restart transition and notification schedule for updates." I have the following configured:

Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates 423c8683-35ea-4c78-9187-fb72b6edb68b?upload=true.png

For the normal monthly/security updates, this behaves as expected.

For the "Feature Updates", it doesn't seem to respect the "deadline", and will be constantly waiting for the user to manually run the Feature Update. Is this normal behavior? Do Feature Updates not follow the same "deadline" as quality/security updates?
    Is there a way to force the Feature Updates to install while still maintaining the control/user friendliness of the "engaged restart" GPO?

Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates f7b847db-877d-4d84-9fc3-8e183ba896ec?upload=true.png

Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates 93cbccbb-ea04-4506-a260-4790f7c5e535?upload=true.png

ChristopherGGG, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Restart is scheduled

I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as being ready to install. The only updates I have listed as installed are for Defender. I didn't have this problem this morning. Anyone else getting this?

Winuser, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates

1. Specify Engaged restart transition and notification schedule for Updates - Similar Threads - Specify Engaged restart

2. Transition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transition: I can't move from the dev channel to the stable version of Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transition/945ffdcd-bcd7-4c10-aafb-3e9c58abbeae
  3. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid: Hi, My windows 10 machine is about 3 years old. When I try to edit the task to change the start time, I get the error "The Specified Account is not Valid". when I click Finish. The task was originally created when I purchased the machine, about 3 years ago. It runs fine with...
  4. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid: Hi, My windows 10 machine is about 3 years old. When I try to edit the task to change the start time, I get the error "The Specified Account is not Valid". when I click Finish. The task was originally created when I purchased the machine, about 3 years ago. It runs fine with...
  5. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Task Scheduler Error - The Specified Account is not Valid

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Automatic restart scheduled for important updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restart scheduled for important updates: A red window appeared on my screen today, saying “Automatic restart scheduled for important updates.” It goes on to say that I need to restart now to get a newer version of Windows 10, because my present version is nearing the end of service. But this window totally locks my...
  8. Windows 10 Update Scheduling and Notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Scheduling and Notifications: Is there any way to schedule updates in Windows 10? If not is there a way to receive email notifications, etc.? I often have to leave software open overnight on my computer and automatic updates are continually causing them to be shut down. Thanks,...
  9. Restart is scheduled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart is scheduled: I keep getting a pop-up message that say's "Don't Forget a restart is scheduled for ?? oclock" I have cleared the notifications and restarted my computer 3 times and still get this message. The only difference is the time keeps changing. I don't have any updates listed as...
  10. Engaging customers with Live Tiles and toast notifications (10 by 10)

in Windows 10 News
    Engaging customers with Live Tiles and toast notifications (10 by 10): Last week, we talked about how you can do three things to get your apps discovered and launched by Windows 10 customers. This week, we’d like to continue with how to increase customer engagement through some of the most loved features of Windows apps: Live Tiles and toast...