Windows 10: specify location of favorites

Discus and support specify location of favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can I specify the location of favorites for Edge and IE? If I could put my favorites on OneDrive, then my Surface Pro 2 and my desktop PC could use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alank, Apr 20, 2016.

1. alank Win User

specify location of favorites

Can I specify the location of favorites for Edge and IE?

If I could put my favorites on OneDrive, then my Surface Pro 2 and my desktop PC could use the same list of favorites. I frequently modify my favorites list (add new, rearrange, etc.) and would like changes I make on my desktop PC appear on my Surface, and vice versa.

Is this possible?

:)

alank, Apr 20, 2016

2. Adding to Favorites folder in windows 10

OK - so in the drop-down box "Save Location" you have to specify Favorites or Favorites Bar.

Then click Add.

Does that work?

Gordon B-P, Apr 20, 2016
  3. PHOTOS app - how to specify location of imported photos?

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think your suggestion will work, because I copied all the photo folders from the external drives, etc., onto one big folder on my PC's hard drive.

Therefore, in Photos, I am importing from a folder and I don't think the options are the same.

From further research that I've done, I think my options are to either manually copy the images across to my dedicated Photos folder and create a year/month folder structure for them (this could take a really long time to do), or to use a 3rd party solution,
    such as PhotoMove 2, to do the same thing.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, if you think there's a way to do what I want, using only the Photos app alone!

DeepMoustache, Apr 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  5. alank Win User
    Thanks. It looks like if I were to use IE instead of Edge I could do what I want. *Sad

alank, Apr 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Edge has no extensions yet either- but some are coming soon. It may be fast, but it's not for me yet.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. specify location of favorites - Similar Threads - specify location favorites

2. How to add location to Favorites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add location to Favorites.: I frequently need to upload image files to a website from a folder on my desktop named "Work". On the website when I click the button to do this, Windows opens a window named "File Upload". In the box on the right is "Documents library". I scroll down to the "Users" location....
  3. How to add location to Favorites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add location to Favorites.: I frequently need to upload image files to a website from a folder on my desktop named "Work". On the website when I click the button to do this, Windows opens a window named "File Upload". In the box on the right is "Documents library". I scroll down to the "Users" location....
  4. Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified...: After previously deleting my Windows 10 partition, I attempted to redownload it with Bootcamp and found myself in a loop of a message reading "Windows cannot locate the disc and partition specified in the unattend answer file's <ImageInstall> setting. Make sure the setting...
  5. The specified network location cannot be used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The specified network location cannot be used: Hi,I'm trying to backup my windows 10 laptop to my Synology NAS but when I try to use the old windows 7 backup I get the error message:The specified network location cannot be usedI know the path and credentials are correct as I've also set up the new windows 10 backup file...
  6. Favorites location.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites location.: Since the latest update to Windows 10 7/10/2020 my favorites bar has moved from the right side to the middle of the screen and I don't like the way its formatted. Specifically it is the favorites imported from when I updated from Windows 7. Any tips to get it back the way I...
  7. Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar: Does anybody know the Registry location Shortcuts in Favorites Bar? Not favorites but favorites bar. Thank you. 140800
  8. Location of Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Favorites: Windows 10 where is the location of favourites list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-favorites/0923518b-15cf-42b5-a45b-08e089a3c1cb"
  9. Edge new favorites location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge new favorites location: If you thought Edge couldn't find a harder place to hide the Favorites you were wrong. The current favorites are still in the same hard to find place but new additions are in a different place and they are now .xml files. For example, this is the location for a new one...
  10. Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Favorites Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Favorites Folder Location in Windows 10 Your favorites from Internet Explorer are saved into your Favorites folder. By default, Windows stores your personal Favorites folder in your account's...