Windows 10: Specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10

Discus and support Specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Originally, BitLocker allowed from 4 to 20 characters for a PIN. Now, the minimum length for the BitLocker PIN was increased to 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 29, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10

WinClub, Oct 29, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10

If you change the minimum or maximum PIN length you need to remove and re-add the PIN. Otherwise the rules before the change still apply.

Specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10 [​IMG]

For example, if I have a 4 long PIN and change minimum length from 4 to 6 I can still change to another 4 long PIN. Only if the PIN is deleted and a new one added does the 6 minimum take effect.

I don't know if this is intended or not but is confusing.

Also on 17134 it is required to check the "Include letters and symbols" box to see the PIN requirements. This looks like a definite bug to me but may be useful to know.

3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. zpmarcos Win User

zpmarcos, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Specify Minimum Length for BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Specify Minimum Length

2. Reset minimum PIN length to 4 in Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset minimum PIN length to 4 in Windows Hello: HiWindows 10 HomeOffice 365 Business Premium I use a Windows 10 Home edition desktop. I have recently purchased a 10 user license for my charity of Office 365. To use this license on my home machine I had to add the account I have in the office 365 Admin centre to my windows...
  3. Reset minimum PIN length to 4 in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset minimum PIN length to 4 in Windows Hello: HiWindows 10 HomeOffice 365 Business Premium I use a Windows 10 Home edition desktop. I have recently purchased a 10 user license for my charity of Office 365. To use this license on my home machine I had to add the account I have in the office 365 Admin centre to my windows...
  4. Reset minimum PIN length to 4 in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to specify Minimum and Maximum PIN length in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to specify Minimum and Maximum PIN length in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In an earlier post, we covered how to enable & configure PIN Complexity Group […] This article How to specify Minimum and Maximum PIN length in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. minimum password length more than 15?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    minimum password length more than 15?: Hi there, recently I try to setup my company's 10 security policy, one of the key setting is minimum password length in "Local Security Policy" ==> Account Policies ==> Password Policies, there is an parameter "Minimum password Length" in the explain section, it says...
  7. Change BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10: How to: Change BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10 How to Change BitLocker Startup PIN in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure...
  8. Specify Minimum PIN Length for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Minimum PIN Length for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10: How to: Specify Minimum PIN Length for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10 How to Specify Minimum PIN Length for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10 [img] Information When you TPM, you can choose to unlock the OS drive at startup with a PIN. Originally, BitLocker allowed...
  9. Change Minimum Password Length for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Minimum Password Length for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Change Minimum Password Length for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Change Minimum Password Length for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information The local account. You can set a value of between 1 and 14 characters, or you can establish that no...
  10. Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10: How to: Specify Maximum and Minimum PIN Length in Windows 10 [img] Information PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services. One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to...