Windows 10: "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from...

Discus and support "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been having problems when windows updates, for example after restart it doesn't boot up again unless I force shut down the computer. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexisLuciano, Jan 6, 2021.

1. "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from...

My computer has been having problems when windows updates, for example after restart it doesn't boot up again unless I force shut down the computer. So I typed on the cmd the command "sfc /scannow" and that was unable to fix all the corrupt files, so I typed the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and that concluded with the Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.". So, I went back to the internet and was following some steps to fix the error using the method of "Configure your group policy" in this link https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-error-code-0x800f081f-windows-10/

And on the step of accessing the "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" I couldn't do it because on my group policy editor that setting does not appear.

I'm really desperate, Ive been having issues with this for a while now and I can't seem to find the solution.

Thank you in advantage

Computer Specs:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU: i7-10875H

RAM: 16gb

GPU 2070 RTX

:)

AlexisLuciano, Jan 6, 2021
  2. roehlcar Win User

Missing component error with install

I downloaded the program to get active sync and when I try to install it I get an error that it did not install because I am missing a component. How do I find out what component is missing and get it install.

roehlcar, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Updater: Missing files components

I have the Windows Vista, i run the updater as administrator.

I always have the following message error:

" Missing files components - Critical files components are missing. Please reinstall."

After many reinstallations the same problem.

Any suggest?

Thanks.

gaga1---01, Jan 6, 2021
  4. "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from...

UPDATE COMPONENTS REPAIR

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting this error message " windows update components must be repaired" ?
    I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Refer:

Windows Update Troubleshooter

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2:

I would suggest you “Manually reset Windows Update components"
    from the below link:

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

"Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from...

1. "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" missing from... - Similar Threads - Specify settings optional

2. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  3. Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair through...: I am trying to set the value of this local policy to "Enabled" and as well "Download repair content and optional features directly from Windows Update instead of Windows Server Update Services WSUS". The target is to set these values through the PowerShell Failed Trials I...
  4. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  5. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  6. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Missing components to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing components to Windows 10: I left my computer on overnight. The next day I logged in and, among other things, start menu won't open, settings won't open, windows security action needed won't open, my entire set up is gone, programs gone. Don't know what occurred overnight, maybe an update? maybe a...
  8. The component store is repairable

The component store is repairable: Hello, my computer has been going slow and crashing since the last update, and I've tried various methods to fix it repairing with media creation tool/windows 10 update assistant, troubleshoot, sfc /scannow, dism ,chkdsk but none seem to work. ScanHealth and CheckHealth...
  9. The component store is repairable?

The component store is repairable?: Hello I had ran DSIM ScanHealth, CheckHealth and CHKDSK and while no errors such as a corruption were noted I did see this result "The Component Store is Repairable" I don't know what this means is it a error? A corruption? Does RestoreHealth need to be ran? I've been...
  10. BSOD and repair component store

BSOD and repair component store: Lately in Win 10 x64 ver1703 RS2 I have got a BSOD, 1. Bad Pool Header 2. Unexpected Store Exception 3. Reference by Pointer Bad Pool Header -- happened when I was just transfering a file to a USB and lately doing nothing. Unexpected Store Exception -- happened...