Windows 10: Specifying network interfaces for apps

Discus and support Specifying network interfaces for apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'd try to clarify the title using an example. I have two available network interfaces: Interface A: Wifi (Example IP: 192.168.1.82) Interface B:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b1qCk, Apr 14, 2020.

1. /u/b1qCk Win User

Specifying network interfaces for apps

I'd try to clarify the title using an example.

I have two available network interfaces:

• Interface A: Wifi (Example IP: 192.168.1.82)
    • Interface B: Mobile/Metric (Example IP: 197.7.24.16)

What I'm trying to do is:

Run steam (Or any other app) using Interface A (wifi) for downloads, Meanwhile using Interface B (Mobile/Metric) for chrome and other apps.
    I found "ForcedBindIP" which doesn't work anymore on Windows 10 Specifying network interfaces for apps :( Can anyone help me with this, please?

submitted by /u/b1qCk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b1qCk, Apr 14, 2020

2. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 14, 2020
  3. network connections error 615. specified port was not found

Hi Karlo,

The error 615 may arise if there's an issue on how your modem is mounted. To sort your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your modem is connected properly.
    • Run the internet connection troubleshooter. To do this follow these steps:
      • Type Troubleshooting in the search box.
      • Press Enter.
      • Click View All and select Internet Connections.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Reinstall your modem. For a step-by-step guide, refer to the support website of your Internet service provider.
    • If the issue persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
      link
      on how to fix network connection issues.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Apr 14, 2020
  4. eddward Win User

How to rename network interfaces

Hi,
    I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous.

I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying Ethernet 2 and Wi-Fi 2 after reboot.
    I also tried netsh interface set interface name=”Ethernet 2” newname=”Ethernet” but didn't help
    Any suggestion to fix it ?
    It's not a big deal, but still I would like to have it sorted.

Thanks

eddward, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Specifying network interfaces for apps - Similar Threads - Specifying network interfaces

2. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  3. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireles network interface: I'm having a problem with the WiFi network card being disabled, many of the cases that happen are when the computer is coming back from sleep mode.Displays the following log:WLAN Extensibility Module stopped.Module Path: C:\windows\system32\IntelIHVRouter10.dllWiFi driver is...
  4. Wireles network interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Settings app interface.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app interface.: Hi everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a couple days now and was wondering about the settings app interface. Why is it that when i try change privacy settings for example i have to first click the setting, change it, and then click to return and choose another setting?...
  6. Settings app interface.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app interface.: Hi everyone!I have been using windows 11 for a couple days now and was wondering about the settings app interface. Why is it that when i try change privacy settings for example i have to first click the setting, change it, and then click to return and choose another setting?...
  7. "The specified network password is not correct."

"The specified network password is not correct.": Months ago I mapped a drive on my Windows 10 v. 2004 laptop to my desktop, both on an ethernet connection, using net use z: \\192.168.0.103\d /p:yes /user:{username} {password} This has worked fine for months, but today, having made no changes I'm aware of, when I tried to...
  8. Network Interface Card Problem

Network Interface Card Problem: I have a D-Link DWA-582 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band PCI Express Card which I have recently bought. I installed the driver then installed the card. The speeds are good. But for some reason I'll be in a game for example Rainbow Six Siege, then all of a sudden my game freezes at...
  9. How to rename network interfaces

How to rename network interfaces: Hi, I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous. I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying...
  10. The specified network password is not correct

The specified network password is not correct: My desktop and laptop are both running Windows 10, and I sign into both computers using my e-mail address and password from Office 365. On each computer I have enabled sharing for each drive with the permissions I want. I am not using the HomeGroup feature because I want to...