Windows 10: Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions

Discus and support Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does the Intel patch for Spectre on a 6th Gen Core i5 Desktop CPU have any distinguishable performance hit for gaming, streaming, media playback, video... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maidvelia, May 6, 2018.

1. Maidvelia Win User

Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions

Does the Intel patch for Spectre on a 6th Gen Core i5 Desktop CPU have any distinguishable performance hit for gaming, streaming, media playback, video editing, or photo editing? I heard there's a performance hit (so I've been avoiding the patch) but on newer processors it might be indistinguishable.

DellSupportAssist is saying this BIOS update with the Spectre patch is urgent so if the performance hit is negligible vs. the security benefits I'll flash from within BIOS.

Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it wherever it is the most appropriate. I did not know a good place to put this.

Thanks in advance, hope for some insight on this since this whole Spectre topic is fairly new to me.

:)

Maidvelia, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions

1. Spectre Intel CPU Security Vulnerability Patch - Performance Questions - Similar Threads - Spectre Intel CPU

2. Windows Security: time to patch these three zero-day vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security: time to patch these three zero-day vulnerabilities: Microsoft released security updates for all client and server versions of Windows that it supports yesterday. Among the 30 or so security issues that each version of Windows is affected by are three zero-day vulnerabilities that are exploited already. [ATTACH] It is...
  3. security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities with Steam gaming platform question: Hello all, I recently asked a question about downloading the steam software and I got a pretty solid answer but wanted to continue the discussion. Anyways here I am being more specific. Does downloading the steam software, and any of the games on its platform, with...
  4. NSA Reported Security Vulnerability Patch Hardware Dependent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NSA Reported Security Vulnerability Patch Hardware Dependent?: My HP Compaq nc6120 runs Windows 10 1709 with all the quality updates currently offered by Windows Update. Reading about the recent NSA reported security vulnerability, I downloaded patch KB4534276 from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ and ran it; after about 10...
  5. Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel SGX SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel SGX SDK: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00217 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® SGX SDK may allow...
  6. Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware

in Windows 10 News
    Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel firmware: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00191 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities...
  7. Intel Graphics Driver potential security vulnerabilities for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Graphics Driver potential security vulnerabilities for Windows: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00189 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 03/12/2019 Last revised: 03/12/2019 Summary: Multiple potential security vulnerabilities...
  8. Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Server Boards Firmware Advisory for security vulnerability: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00179 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel®...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Benchmarks. The Spectre patch kills performance.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 Benchmarks. The Spectre patch kills performance.: Everyone run for their AMD machines, this Spectre patch in 1809 is crucifying machine performance. This is a small portion of benchmarking numbers from our MFC CAD application. It's getting on in years and doesn't use any GPU acceleration. Even an 1809 machine without the...
  10. How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors: I can't agree with performance loss and I don't want to update security patch for Intel Processors. I will reinstall Windows 10 on 1509 or 1607 version. Can you explain me how to avoid 1709 Update and Security Patch for Intel Processors. How many updates have and I would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. INTEL-SA-00191 patch performance