Windows 10: Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working

Discus and support Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't understand how this came to be as the entire keyboard on my laptop works perfectly and has been since I bought this laptop approximately 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John3605, Dec 16, 2018.

1. John3605 Win User

Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working

I don't understand how this came to be as the entire keyboard on my laptop works perfectly and has been since I bought this laptop approximately 7 months ago. I do also understand that the keys themselves could be damaged, but the fact that only these two, the left and right shift key, work only occasionally, it's a perplexing coincidence if I've ever seen one.

Adding onto what I hinted at, they do in fact work every now and again but everytime they stop working, the time that they take to recover seems to get increasingly longer. This is incredibly worrisome as I am a freelance writer and coder so this is more than a minor setback, unfortunately.

I would greatly and graciously appreciate any feedback; I'm currently thinking that a software bug may be to blame but that's just me hoping it isn't actually my keyboard.

:)

John3605, Dec 16, 2018
  2. MARKDS9 Win User

Can't setup Windows Hello after fall update on HP Spectre x360

Hi

Johann Eva,

I am very confused re:your reply. The last reply on the thread was 12/23/2017. My reply on 01/04/2018 is only 10 days after which I don't consider old. Additionally,
    the question "Can't setup Windows Hello after Fall Update on HP Spectre x360" is directly answered by my suggestion to update the driver on the HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR, which is the camera used in the spectre x360 13" and 15", which will solve
    most problems using Windows Hello after the Fall Creators update with the spectre x360 camera. Regardless, I will post no more.

MARKDS9, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Garmin Nuvi 3597 GPS not recognized by Hp Spectre x360

Same problem others have posted concerning this Garmin device. Spectre x360 Windows 10 OS does not recognize the Garmin as being connected. Three USB 3.0 ports tried, but the Garmin is just getting power from those ports, not data. Garmin worked perfectly
    with our 2010 ASUS desktop Windows 7 OS, but it is presently in for repairs. It has been suggested that the Spectre's USB 3.0 ports are too fast for the Nuvi 3597, that Windows 10 is not stepping down the speed to accommodate the device; therefore, a USB
    2.0 hub is required as a "go-between".......any thoughts or suggestions?

BeckyMuska, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working

HP Introduces the Spectre x360 Convertible PC

HP today announced the HP Spectre x360, a 13.3 inch convertible PC that delivers an ultra-thin design, the quality customers expect, and performance to get things done.

"Customers are looking for beautiful devices that deliver quality, versatility and portability," said Mike Nash, vice president, portfolio strategy and customer experience, Personal Systems, HP. "The HP Spectre x360 is transformational as it has the productivity of a high end notebook, tablet mode for on the go, tent mode for play and stand mode for watching entertainment in a stunning ultra-thin device."

Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working HP_Spectre_x360_01_thm.jpg

x360 Design and Experience for Maximum Versatility
    The HP Spectre x360 is designed with an all CNC aluminum chassis and is 15.9 millimeters in height and weighs 3.3 pounds. The device features polished metal on the sides that is achieved using a single machined cut, giving it a jewelry-like finish in a natural silver color.

With the HP Spectre x360, customers get an ultra-thin PC with additional versatility to experience multiple modes in one device. Users can transition seamlessly from notebook mode for work, stand mode for viewing entertainment, tent mode for touchscreen entertainment, or tablet mode for on the go. To ensure the display glides smoothly and stays in place where a user wants it, the HP Spectre x360 has innovative new hinges that contain a set of three spiral gears for synchronized and precise movement. The geared hinge design allows the HP Spectre x360 to maintain the same thin profile in tablet mode that it has when closed.

The HP Spectre x360 includes a full-sized, 1.5 millimeter travel keyboard to offer customers a comfortable and familiar experience. The HP Spectre x360 has an extra-wide glass touchpad for improved day-to-day usability.

Premium Quality, No Compromises
    To give customers the battery life they expect, the HP Spectre x360 features a 56-watt hour battery that precisely fits into the CNC aluminum body. Next, HP looked at the biggest driver of battery drain -- the high-resolution touch display. The touch panel on the HP Spectre x360 is optically bonded to the display, increasing brightness and pulling each pixel up to the surface of the display. On models with the Quad HD display, the HP Spectre x360 takes advantage of Panel Self Refresh (PSR) technology which holds images on the screen to allow portions of the PC to power down when nothing on-screen is moving. As a result of these and other focus areas, the HP Spectre x360 delivers up to 12.5 hours of battery life.

HP improved Wi-Fi reliability and performance in the HP Spectre x360 for home, work and on the go. Based on issues identified in real-world testing, the wireless driver is tuned to improve performance on noisy networks and across a wide range of wireless access points. The new antenna slot design featured at the top of the display allows for effective 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz tuning, in every mode -- whether in notebook, stand, tent and tablet. The result is wireless throughput and connect rates that outperform other PCs.

Power and Smart Features for Productivity
    The HP Spectre x360 supports Intel Core i5 and i7 processors to tackle the most demanding tasks without lag. With a lightning fast SSD up to 512 GB, customers can expect their PC to turn on instantly and load apps quickly.

The HP Spectre x360 supports both a full-size HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 compatible ports to allow customers to access content across multiple screens. Customers can also take advantage of the built-in Intel Wireless Display technology to stream content on their living room TV. To accommodate multiple devices and accessories, the HP Spectre x360 has three USB 3.0 ports and with HP USB Sleep and Charge, customers can use the HP Spectre x360 to charge their devices on the go even when in sleep mode.

Pricing and Availability
    The HP Spectre x360 is expected to be available in the United States on March 1, 2015 at www.hp.com/spectrex360 and Best Buy on March 15, 2015.

The HP Spectre x360 is available in the following configurations:
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i5 Processor, Full HD touchscreen display, 4 GB LPDDR3 system memory and a 128 GB SSD is $899.99.
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i7, Full HD touchscreen, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD is $1149.99.
    • HP Spectre x360 with Intel Core i7, Quad HD touchscreen, 8 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD is $1399.99.
    The HP Spectre x360 has accessories available today and offered separately, including a HP Premium Leather Sleeve for sophisticated protection and HP Active Pen for writing, drawing, and easy navigation.

Cristian_25H, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working

1. Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working - Similar Threads - Spectre x360 2018

2. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  3. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  4. Shift keys not working on Windows 10, HP Spectre x360. all other keys work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift keys not working on Windows 10, HP Spectre x360. all other keys work: I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard drivers and restarting the laptop. Sticky keys is off. Troubleshooting settings did not work either....
  5. Shift keys not working on Windows 10, HP Spectre x360. all other keys work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift keys not working on Windows 10, HP Spectre x360. all other keys work: I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard drivers and restarting the laptop. Sticky keys is off. Troubleshooting settings did not work either....
  6. Shift keys not working on Windows 10, HP Spectre x360. all other keys work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  8. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Shift + C Key Not Working: Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to press Shift + C key multiple times for the above text to appear. All other letter keys work with the Left Shift key, but for...
  9. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  10. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp spectre right shift button

2. hp spectre shift keys not working

3. remove spectre x360 shift key

4. sectre x360 keys not working,
  5. hp spectre x360 key not working,
  6. spectre shift key strange,
  7. hp spectre left shift key not working,
  8. right left shift on hp,
  9. Spectre x360 2018. Left and Right shift keys not working microsoft