Windows 10: spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port

Discus and support spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My x360 has a combined audio jack with just one hole for both audio input and output, as most laptops do. When I go to the Audio control panel, I see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shishir-xen, May 21, 2020.

1. spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port

My x360 has a combined audio jack with just one hole for both audio input and output, as most laptops do. When I go to the Audio control panel, I see the default audio device as the output audio device. Now If I plug in a audio cable in there, the audio control panel does not show two devices for audio output, shows only one. On my Microsoft surface it immediately shows two devices.

The reason why this matters is that I am using a remote mic with this laptop. If I plug in the mic, I cannot hear any sound output. The remote mic provides a Y attachment that allows me to plug in the mic separately. I have to plug in an external speaker into the Y in order to hear the sound.

With my surface, I can change the default device to be my built in speaker. So with the surface, I can use the remote mic and still hear the sound output without having to use an external speaker, by simply changing it in the control panel.

:)

Shishir-xen, May 21, 2020
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port [​IMG]

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, May 22, 2020
  3. Does Windows log when you plug in / unplug an audio device from a 3.5mm jack?

When an audio device is plugged/unplugged from the 3.5mm jack, does Windows log that anywhere?

Not by default. You have to write an app to detect plug in/plug out. Note the jack has to support jack-presence detection.

See Device Events - Windows applications | Microsoft Docs for more information and sample code.

You can extend the sample code to log to a file or create a custom user define event in the event log.

Suggestion:

• Add code to use your built in webcam to take a photo of the culprit.

DavidPostill, May 22, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 22, 2020
Thema:

spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port

1. spectre x360 does not show additional device when audio jack plugged into combined audio port - Similar Threads - spectre x360 does

2. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: I was trying to connect my wired earplugs in but I accidentally clicked Don't show me this again to the usual pop up that comes. I was wondering how do I connect it now or how to get the pop-up back....
  3. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  4. Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Popup Not Appearing When Device is Plugged into Audio Jack, and No Audio Input Detected...: I am using the MI Notebook 14 with the device model XMA1901-DG. I have been using Sony MDR-EX255AP in-ear wired headphones, and usually, when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears, allowing me to select whether it is a speaker or headphones. However, recently,...
  5. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  6. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.: I have a 'HP PAVILION' laptop with windows 10, had it for almost 4 years now and i never ran into this issue. the audio jack port doesn't recognize any headset or cabled earphones the sound works perfectly with bluetooth devices, even when i plug them in my pc doesn't...
  7. Audio jack doesn't recognize any plugged audio device.

8. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  9. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...
  10. How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?

How to change device when plugged into the audio jack?: Whenever I plugged in my earphones, the notification would pop saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up saying what kind of device I had plugged in and would give out the options: headphones, earphones, headphones with...