Windows 10: Spectrum cable botnet warning

Discus and support Spectrum cable botnet warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My internet provider, Spectrum cable, keeps sending me notifications through the post office that I have botnet malware on my computer. We have three... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RickPauly, Jun 28, 2020.

1. RickPauly Win User

Spectrum cable botnet warning

My internet provider, Spectrum cable, keeps sending me notifications through the post office that I have botnet malware on my computer.

We have three computers. I ran microsoft safety scanner and microsoft defender on all three and found malware on two of them but not my computer.

Then today I get a popup message from Spectrum on my computer warning of botnet malware just a day after running both the above programs.

So I ran them again and found nothing, again.

Any ideas about this?

:)

RickPauly, Jun 28, 2020
  2. MosesIB1 Win User

How to connect to Spectrum Hotspots

how do I connect a wireless tablet/PC to Spectrum hotspots. Please include step by step

instructions. I am using win 1o os.

MosesIB1, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    How to connect to Spectrum Hotspots

Hi Moses, thanks for your question. I’m Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

You can connect to a Spectrum hotspot by following the steps outlined in the below Spectrum support article:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/spect...

Thise step-by-step instructions should help you to connect to the hotspot.

If you’re still having trouble, please let me know! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Jun 28, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

security for botnet attack

What a great question.

Once your computer has been compromised, it's over. There's nothing you can do besides formatting your hard drive and starting from scratch. So the key here is to prevent the malware from getting into your computer in the first place.

Step #1 by far is your own awareness. If you're someone who's easily taken in or who has a shaky understanding of technology, it's time to get wise and quickly. Social engineering attacks - where someone is tricked into allowing malware into their
    system - are the most prevalent method of attack and also the most successful. Don't become a victim!

Step #2 is to protect your devices (computers, phones, tablets, watches, doorbells, etc.) so that only properly authorized people can use them. How you do this depends on what kind of device(s) you have and how they are connected to the internet. The way
    to start is to make a list of everything you have that can connect to the internet, and next to each device indicate how it connects to the internet, e.g., wired or wireless, through a router, cell tower or directly through a modem. Then you'll have to learn
    the fundamentals of protecting your devices.

If you were hoping for a simple, three-step process, sorry. And it's about to get worse.

Step #3 is to adopt good security practices for everything you do on the internet. That means, among other things, using strong passwords that are routinely changed, installing security software to protect yourself against attacks from malicious web pages,
    and being sure that all your software is up to date with security patches.

As you see, it ain't easy. The people who create these botnets, and other malicious software, use highly sophisticated techniques to attack, so you and I are forced to employ highly sophisticated measures to protect ourselves.

You don't have to be a computer geek to be safe on the internet, but you do need to be aware of the threats that are out there and what you can to to protect yourself. You'll need to do plenty of reading on the internet to get yourself up to speed. Microsoft
    has its
    Safety and Security Center
    , which has lots of good information mixed in with (sigh) advertising for Microsoft's products and services. The internet is filled with piles of information about protecting yourself from botnets and other threats coming in from
    the internet, and it's all there for you to discover.

BulldogXX, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Spectrum cable botnet warning - Similar Threads - Spectrum cable botnet

2. Meris DDoS botnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meris DDoS botnet: Why did I get this notification? It's been showing up twice until I posted this.Should I worry about this? Is this serious?How or where I can get attacked by these web, devices?How to detect or make sure if I got attacked or not by this?I mean if I got this message is it...
  3. Meris DDoS botnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meris DDoS botnet: Why did I get this notification? It's been showing up twice until I posted this.Should I worry about this? Is this serious?How or where I can get attacked by these web, devices?How to detect or make sure if I got attacked or not by this?I mean if I got this message is it...
  4. Botnet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  5. Botnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Botnet: HiA computer with Windows 10 that had not been on my network prior, had nod32 antivirus installed but some of the features were turned off like the firewall and the botnet services. As soon as I turned them on I got a message from Nod32 blocking an event that was a TCP port...
  6. Botnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Moca with spectrum internet in apartment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moca with spectrum internet in apartment: I am getting only spectrum internet in an apartment I am moving to and want my nas to have a direct ethernet connection to my devices in another room. I plan on purchasing 2 moca adapters to accomplish this but I am having trouble understanding exactly how to hook the coax up...
  8. Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.: I just moved about a week ago. Today Spectrum came to install my new service. Sadly, it's not all that good. I had been paying for their 60Mbps service. With this move and new modem (Arris TM 1602A) and router (Sagemcom Fast 5260) I thought I would be set because now for the...
  9. Botnet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Botnet: good read: [img] 37882
  10. Windows 10 Botnet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Botnet?: Hey guys. So, this image started spreading around (started at imgur). You may have seen it on FaceSpybook: [img] Code: Image link, if it did not resize coz it's big: https://i.imgur.com/qgoK5Km.jpg (3 664px × 2 626px, 841 KB)[/quote] What's troubling me the most is...