Windows 10: Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

Discus and support Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I am trying to start using speech dictation in MS Word. It takes dictation quite nicely. The problem is that when I say "new line" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HiGuysEthridge, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

Greetings,

I am trying to start using speech dictation in MS Word. It takes dictation quite nicely. The problem is that when I say "new line" to insert a carriage return, as at the end of a paragraph, it kicks out of dictation mode. This means I have to go back to fingers mode so start it again. How can this be fixed? This is really killing using this feature.

I am running Windows 10, working in the MS Office suite subscription. I am working on an Alienware R 15 laptop. I have only had in about 6 months, and do not have a lot of other applications loaded onto it.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ethridge

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

HiGuysEthridge, Jan 25, 2019

2. Voice commands to format dictated text in Word?

Okay, but the issue is not about Word - it is about the commands available for Windows 10 dictation. What commands are available to format text? Are there any commands that exist that are not present on this
    list
    ? If that list contains every possible command, then where would I submit a feature request to include formatting commands in the next reworking of Windows dictation? Again - the dictation software is the problem, not Word. It seems like you are really
    interested in shunting my problem elsewhere instead of saying "I don't know the answer"!

ReadingRedhead, Jan 25, 2019
  3. PhiltonP Win User
    Windows 10 Speech Recognition Dictation Commands

I haven't been able to find what command should be used in Windows 10 Speech Recognition Dictation to italicise a word. The list of commands on the Microsoft Support website doesn't seem to include a command for italicising a word. I've tried using Select
    command and then commanding 'italics', 'itals', 'italicise', 'italicise that', but none of these work. Have also tried using 'italics' etc before dictating the word to be italicised, but that hasn't worked either. Also, are there ways for having something
    'unselected' and 'cleared' - commanding 'unselect' and 'clear' hasn't worked.

PhiltonP, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

1. Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Speech Dictation Problems

2. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  3. Word Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  4. Word Dictation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  5. Windows 10 Speech Dictation not doing commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Speech Dictation not doing commands: I am using Windows 10 speech dictation for the first time. So far so good except it's not accepting things like "press enter" or "press tab" or "backspace". What am I doing wrong? I am using the microphone on my Dell computer, do I need a different microphone and if so which...
  6. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  7. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  8. dictate on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dictate on word: I will be dictating my essay or something, and I will start dictate, read a couple sentences, look up to see it dictated, look down find my place, read a sentence and when l look up, dictate stopped while I was reading and never put any of the sentence I was reading. Please...
  9. Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Cortana
    Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: When using speech recognition/dictation, it turns off stops listening, every time I start a new line or new paragraph. In other words, when your trying to dictate a document, it stops listening shuts off every time you start a new line or new paragraph. Then, you have to...
  10. dictation in MS Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dictation in MS Word 2016: MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-in-ms-word-2016/5aafd46b-65b9-4cde-9268-03bcbd2abb87

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need lower case while dictate in word

2. word dictation issues

3. microphone keeps beeping when using ms word dictate

4. problems with dictation microsoft word,
  5. windows dictation command issues,
  6. fifine mic hello in word dictation,
  7. erreur dictation word,
  8. when i dictate in windows and say period it types the word period instead of a .,
  9. microsoft word dictatioon doesnt recognize punctuation command,
  10. problems setting up speech dictation win 10,
  11. windows voice recognition in ms word 2019,
  12. MS Words Dictation troubleshooting,
  13. windows 10 dictation new line,
  14. capitalize a word in ease of access dication,
  15. problms with dictation in word