Windows 10: Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

Discus and support Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guys, It is very frustrating to not be able to embrace the new speech features within Office Pro Plus due to Windows 10 Language options not working!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JAG-Yberllan, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

Guys,

It is very frustrating to not be able to embrace the new speech features within Office Pro Plus due to Windows 10 Language options not working!

We need to make the adoption of new feature EASY. Not to be having these silly challenges. I have found that England (United Kingdom) on my system is missing Handwriting and Speech. So clicking options I see I can download these features. BUT after a few minutes, I get the following read Error message for both. @Sorry, we-re having trouble getting this optional feature installed. You can try again later. Error code 0x800F0954"

Can I tell you that I have been trying now for a number of days with No joy!

Again, this is unacceptable for users to adopt new ideas within the OS and the Applications. There is a lot of items on this topic with no real solution that I can see. Again.... why make it hard. Sort it with an update Microsoft.

Kind regards

John

:)

JAG-Yberllan, Feb 19, 2019
  2. rpmappala Win User

Help: English (US) Speech says Download failed

Please help. When I try to download English US speech pack it says download failed.
    Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954 [​IMG]

rpmappala, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Cannot download English (Canada) speech package in Windows 10

A fix was released as part of KB3081424, Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015, for a problem Cortana was experiencing when installing language packs. Please make sure you've installed the latest Windows Updates before trying these steps.

1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu
    2. Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    3. Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    4. If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    5. Select your preferred language (English Canada) and click on Set as default under English UK language.
    6. Now, click on English Canada and click on Options.
    7. Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    8. Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    9. Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English Canada.
    10. After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.

user534395, Feb 19, 2019
  4. c_f_p Win User

Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

Error downloading (Speech Language)

Well, I was trying to download UK English on a US phone. But essentially that's the process I followed. I did a hard reset, set everything to UK, then attempted to download UK English speech (which failed).

c_f_p, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

1. Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954 - Similar Threads - Speech English Download

2. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  3. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  4. English UK.

in Windows 10 Customization
    English UK.: I keep getting: English USA when I select: 'Language,' even though I make it default English UK in the language box. It jumps back to: USA continuously. WhY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-uk/5833a679-f4cd-483a-8750-82e703be2b84
  5. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  6. English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling

English UK as default but it questions the UK spelling: I have installed Word 2010 on my other laptop computer and made the language English UK the default but it questions UK spelling such as labour, neighbour and suggest labor and neighbor . How can I correct this?...
  7. Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English

Windows 10 speech recognition issue - language UK English: I have spent the whole day trying to get the Windows 10 speech recognition to work. I keep getting a message something like the "the recogniser language and interface language must match". So I have gone all through the Settings and Control Panel and changed every language...
  8. error 0x800f0954

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error 0x800f0954: I was installing NET Framework and I got this error code I don't know what it is or how to fix this can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800f0954/5e12d27b-93a1-489b-a892-6614a9836a15
  9. Help: English (US) Speech says Download failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: English (US) Speech says Download failed: Please help. When I try to download English US speech pack it says download failed. [img] 30645
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942

Users found this page by searching for:

1. japanese setup error 0x800f0954

2. 0x800f0954 speech

3. sorry were having trouble getting this feature 0x800F0954

4. speech recognition install failed 0x800f0954,
  5. 0x800F0954 speech recognityion,
  6. sorry were having trouble getting this optional feature installed. you can try again later. error code: 0x0,
  7. english speech recognition failed,
  8. windows 10 language sorry trouble end,
  9. windows 10 error code 0x800F095 having trouble getting this feature AND language options,
  10. download speech failed 1809,
  11. speech not downloading error 0x800f0954,
  12. japanese language options 0x800F0954,
  13. ox800f0954 windows 10 1809 speech download,
  14. Windows 10: Error: 0x800f0954 Sorry download failed try again later,
  15. windows optional feature installation error 0x800f0954 german typing