Windows 10: Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App

Discus and support Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm looking for a free app that actively listens to the audio card on the computer and whenever it recognizes English words, it types it as text.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, May 12, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App

Hi, I'm looking for a free app that actively listens to the audio card on the computer and whenever it recognizes English words, it types it as text.

Anyone know of something like this please?

I appreciate it.

:)

pepanee, May 12, 2019
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, May 12, 2019
  3. Douggins Win User
    Speech to Text

Hello,
    Thank you for guiding me in the right direction.

I attempted all of the 6 steps recommended above. Only issue was that for step 4, I could not access/did not have access to the "hardware and devices troubleshooter" for whatever reason. Even after a reset of the Surface, I am still unable to set-up the
    speech recognition with the onboard microphone. The sound/audio works just fine for everything else though.

I have purchased an external microphone for use on other apps and this microphone will suffice for what I intended to accomplish. It has been set up for speech recognition and is working properly. I do have one related question that I have not researched
    in depth: How do I use the speech recognition to perform speech-to-text, into a program such as Word or Scrivener? The best response I found was that I can use it to complete a sentence or two, but not continual speech-to-text similar to Dragon Dictate or
    text messaging on some phones, etc. Can it be set up to perform this continual typing while speaking?

Thanks again,

Doug

Douggins, May 12, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

No Sound in Narrator or any other Text-to-speech Apps

Hi Andy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

This seems like an issue with the audio drivers. You may install the latest audio drivers and check if it works. Refer
    Check Device Manager section under Fix sound problems in Windows 10
    to know more about the same.

If the issue persists after updating drivers, continue reading.

Since you do not hear speech after testing the system, consider the following:

• The speaker volume is not turned up or is muted. Some speakers have external controls for volume and muting. Make sure the volume is turned up sufficiently or that muting is off.
    • The speakers may not be selected as the current output device. On the Text-to-Speech tab, click Audio Output to make sure that the speakers are selected.
    • The speakers might not be connected properly. Consult the speaker hardware documentation for additional information. Make certain that the sound card for the computer is also properly seated and installed, and that the correct drivers are available.
    • The Text-to-Speech engine may be corrupted. To test for corruption, switch to another engine. See the
      Changing the TTS voice or engine section to know more about the same. If another engine is working properly, reinstall the specific engine from the original source. If no engine is working properly, reinstall the speech engine from the original
      source.

Change the TTS Voice or Engine:

To change the Text-to-Speech voice or engine, follow these steps:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click
      Speech Recognition.
    • On the Text-to-Speech tab, the name displayed in the
      Voice selection drop-down list is the active voice.
    • Click the active voice inside the drop-down list, or use the arrow to display a list of available voices.
    • Click a new voice to select it.

The newly selected voice speaks the text in Preview Voice box.
    • Click OK or Apply to accept the new voice.

Notes:

• A Text-to-Speech voice is closely associated with a particular speech engine. It may not be clear from the displayed name which language a voice is using. After selecting a speech engine or voice, test the voice and language by clicking
      Preview Voice.
    • The language or voices supported by a speech engine may not be obvious from the engine's displayed name. Refer to the specific user's guide for detailed information about the engine. This includes not only the language supported, but also the lexicon
      purpose. The lexicon purpose indicates whether it is a general grammar or jargon specific to a profession such as legal or medical.
    • Microsoft does not provide additional speech engines (voices), but a number of third-party products are available that support the new Microsoft Speech API. You may use your favorite Search engine and look for information on these
      products.

You may also want to check if the issue persists on a new user profile. Refer
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    for the same.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App - Similar Threads - Speech Audio Card

2. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  3. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App

Speech-(From Audio Card)-To-Text App: Hi, I'm looking for a free app that actively listens to the audio card on the computer and whenever it recognizes English words, it types it as text. Anyone know of something like this please? I appreciate it. 132431
  9. Xbox app - Text to Speech

Xbox app - Text to Speech: I am unable to turn on text to speech within the xbox app sittings, Everything IS up to date. The option does not show above Privacy / Below Game streaming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-text-to-speech/a04a54ef-b78a-4639-85e6-68db93680831
  10. Text to Speech

Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...