Windows 10: Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

Discus and support Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stanleytieu1, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech recognition are off which they are and access control panel/speech recognition to eventually access advanced options when I get greeted with this:I believe I accidentally hit win+ctrl+s which is the shortcut to turn on/off speech recognition in settings. Is there a way to completely disable speech recognition or at least the win+ctrl+s shortcut?

:)

stanleytieu1, Nov 26, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Vista and speech recognition

Just wondering if some one could help with a issue i am getting with this.

speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported.

recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options.

As far as i know it's setup right ? Anyone have any insight on solving this ?..

AsRock, Nov 26, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

No speech recognition at all

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
    Personally, I also use ClassicShell with CPanel enabled, and I do have the root "Speech Recognition" icon, but I can't open it, and I can't access the further settings (such as configuring ASR Language or training your mic) - and of course I've tried a million ways of accessing the settings *Wink
    I did set my display language and my input language to en-US, as well as my locale, to no avail (and restarting didn't do the trick either) - and then back to de-DE (which is also supported) - the ASR language settings, however, remain elusive^^
    I have also tried having ctfmon running and the input language bar displayed in various states

I have downloaded different language packs, but some of them would not install, the installer disappears after "gathering required information"

Thank you for sending the executable and service, that was exactly what i was looking for!
    I'm not at home right now, I'll check in a couple of hours - but that looks immensely helpful already. I did find the speech folders in Sys32 and SysWOW myself before and tried changing access permissions, but to no avail.

I hope running the SAPI server will do the trick - I was expecting exactly something like this to be missing or blocked from/in my system

Benjamin Philip, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

1. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported - Similar Threads - Speech recognition start

2. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  3. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  4. Cannot resolve "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is...

Cannot resolve "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is...: Hi All,I have followed all the advise in the forums regarding setting up and downloading and installing the relevant language pack for Speech I have logged off, back on, and rechecked everything yet I still get the same issue:My hands are in the air in complete surrender here...
  5. Cannot resolve "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot resolve "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is...: Hi All,I have followed all the advise in the forums regarding setting up and downloading and installing the relevant language pack for Speech I have logged off, back on, and rechecked everything yet I still get the same issue:My hands are in the air in complete surrender here...
  6. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...

Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...: Hey I'm running windows 10, I am trying to use speech recognition program. I am unable to open and get this error message. "Windows speech recognition is not available for the current display language,."everything is in English us/ and i obviously cant get into advanced...
  7. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported. The...: Hey I'm running windows 10, I am trying to use speech recognition program. I am unable to open and get this error message. "Windows speech recognition is not available for the current display language,."everything is in English us/ and i obviously cant get into advanced...
  8. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech recognition are off which they are and access control panel/speech recognition to eventually access advanced options when I get...
  9. Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: I was playing a game when suddenly I get an error about speech recognition. I do a bit of googling, check that both options to disable speech recognition are off which they are and access control panel/speech recognition to eventually access advanced options when I get...
  10. "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Speech Recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported": I have been trying to play a new game recently that involves access to the microphone in game with speech. While other applications such as Discord are able to hear me, the game itself would not detect me speaking at all. Looking further into it, it seems that the whole...