Windows 10: speech recognition doesn´t work

Discus and support speech recognition doesn´t work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I use Voiceattack, an app that uses speech recognition to send command to games. It has stopped working for some reason. I use the mic that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Trueno33, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Trueno33 Win User

speech recognition doesn´t work

Hi, I use Voiceattack, an app that uses speech recognition to send command to games. It has stopped working for some reason. I use the mic that is integrated in the cam that I also use for headtracking. it´s worked ok for years. I´ve checked the windows 10 sound config. Everything seems to be properly adjusted. The Logitech Cam Microphone is detected and on.
    I digged farther and found a crazy issue. This was the process (my system is used in spanish, so I will translate aproximatedly):
    - open "control panel"
    - click "easy of access"
    - click "install a microphone"
    - click "cortana can´t hear me"
    - select my mic (it´s selected by default). Click "next"
    - click "configure microphone"
    - in the new window with some instructions, click "next"
    - in the new window the bar with the mic level at last moves and the mic works. At that point voiceattack ALSO WORKS!!
    - as soon as I close the window with the message "se completó la solución de problemas" (problem solving completed, or similar in english) it STOPS working again. In the box "found problems" it says "Es posible que sea necesario configurar tu micrófono" (microphone might need being configured) CORREGIDO (solved)

I can´t figure how to solve this for the life of mine. I might have unchecked some permisiion when trying to stop cortana trying to hear me, but the problem solver should have reverted any changes, as it says it did, right?
    PS. Ironically I can use this as a far from convenient workaround, as I simply have to repeate the process without closing the last window speech recognition doesn´t work cheesy.gif But it´s ridiculous anyway

:)

Trueno33, Jul 21, 2019

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 21, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

speech recognition doesn´t work [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 21, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. speech recognition doesn´t work - Similar Threads - speech recognition doesn´t

2. fingerprint doesn`t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint doesn`t work: My fingerprint doesn`t work for many times, and i read the advices of the site, but nothing works. The fingerprint fix itself, but after many days and the problem repeat and repet. It is anoying. In the settings says "this option is unvailable" for every option! Why??? How to...
  3. fingerprint doesn`t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint doesn`t work: My fingerprint doesn`t work for many times, and i read the advices of the site, but nothing works. The fingerprint fix itself, but after many days and the problem repeat and repet. It is anoying. In the settings says "this option is unvailable" for every option! Why??? How to...
  4. login options doesn´t work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login options doesn´t work: I would like to ask about the possibility of logging in to Windows hello. Only login with the PIN and fingerprint that I entered when logging in for the first time works. However, if I want to add another fingerprint or unlock the face, it tells me: Something went wrong, try...
  5. FACIAL RECOGNITION DOESN¨T WORK: SURFACE 6

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FACIAL RECOGNITION DOESN¨T WORK: SURFACE 6: I have a Surface 6 with Windows 10. I used the facial recognition login option since the beggining. But now, it suddenly stops working. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" Any idea?...
  6. MS Office doesn`t work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Office doesn`t work: Hi all! My name is Kristina. Recently I updated my Win till latest version and my Word/Excel and other documents haven`t been opened - I see only error on my screen: After I tried to open file I see window where Office tries to update and then it`s an error 0xc0000142 FYI I...
  7. size:gigantic doesn´t work for me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    size:gigantic doesn´t work for me: Is there something I have to enable for it to work properly? submitted by /u/FrequentConnect2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k84tie/sizegigantic_doesnt_work_for_me/
  8. Speech recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech recognition not working.: I really need to get this to work, I keep getting this error message, I also found this post of someone with a similar problem, but just like him I can't get past step 2 since there's nothing on the left. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? submitted by /u/SGKKLNGGZ...
  9. Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.: Hello everybody. First of all, I want to apologize for my English, is not my natural language. After a normal power off, my laptop didn`t run Windows normally and showed a blue screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. [...] Stop code:...
  10. Microsoft Store doesn´t work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesn´t work: Hey guy´s, on my Surface GO the microsoft Store is dosen´t working. The "APP" is starting and some seconds (1-2 second´s) later it´s closing. The tips from google are not helpfull ( windows updates, reset the store, delete the cache, repair windows store, new instalation),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve speech recognition problem when not hear prperly in 2016 in hindi

2. windows 10 speech recognition doesnt work

3. why is windows speech recognition not working

4. windows speech recognition doesnt work,
  5. Windows speech doesnt work with input masks,
  6. when i plug in my headset it says speech recognition could not start,
  7. windows 10 speech recognition doesnt stay on,
  8. Dispute recognition doesnt work