Windows 10: Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

Discus and support Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LambayaFünfDe, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But control panel still says Windows speech recognition is not available for the current display language. I even removed my language from display language list. I need help real bad.

:)

LambayaFünfDe, Jan 2, 2022

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jan 2, 2022
  3. speech recognition and cortana not working togther and not activated.

Original title: speech recognition and Cortana

I cannot activate speech recognition together with Cortana. I am having trouble following the steps in the directions provided in the WINDOWS 10 / SPEECH RECOGNITION file to activate Cortana.

Duncan_988, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

No speech recognition at all

Hi, thank you for the useful information.
    Personally, I also use ClassicShell with CPanel enabled, and I do have the root "Speech Recognition" icon, but I can't open it, and I can't access the further settings (such as configuring ASR Language or training your mic) - and of course I've tried a million ways of accessing the settings *Wink
    I did set my display language and my input language to en-US, as well as my locale, to no avail (and restarting didn't do the trick either) - and then back to de-DE (which is also supported) - the ASR language settings, however, remain elusive^^
    I have also tried having ctfmon running and the input language bar displayed in various states

I have downloaded different language packs, but some of them would not install, the installer disappears after "gathering required information"

Thank you for sending the executable and service, that was exactly what i was looking for!
    I'm not at home right now, I'll check in a couple of hours - but that looks immensely helpful already. I did find the speech folders in Sys32 and SysWOW myself before and tried changing access permissions, but to no avail.

I hope running the SAPI server will do the trick - I was expecting exactly something like this to be missing or blocked from/in my system

Benjamin Philip, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

1. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition available

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  5. Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition is not available but Cortana is: I made every changes to use speech recognition. I changed region to US, timezone to US, keyboard to English, language to US English. Even my cortana is working. It can hear me and answer me. I tried troubleshooting and it said it can hear me and everything is fine. But...
  6. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  7. Cortana vs. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Cortana vs. Speech Recognition: Aren't - Cortana- Speech Recognition"Overlapped"?Both are WSR execute commands defined in Windows environment.- What are the differences between the two- Does each one has its own SRA speech recognition algorithmsMy suspicion is that Cortana brought-in to match other products...
  8. Speech recognition not available in current display language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition not available in current display language: I've been trying to configure my speech recognition. I've changed the language to English United States and the preferred language to English United States. But Cortana still can't hear me. When I test my mic in google search, it's fine. I've attached some photos,...
  9. Speech Recognition and Cortana.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech Recognition and Cortana.: No you can not help me. I have had help over the years But help has made no diffrents. stop right there not my pc I have had lots of pcs over the years and its the same. For years you send out all kinds of updates and still cannot get your Speech Recognition **** to work 1/2...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a