Windows 10: Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!

Discus and support Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As stated, my issue is related to Speech Recognition on my custom-built pc. I'm running Windows 10 Pro & I'm on the Insider Program in the fast ring.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle Jennings, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!

As stated, my issue is related to Speech Recognition on my custom-built pc. I'm running Windows 10 Pro & I'm on the Insider Program in the fast ring. Version 2004 OS Build 19592.1001.

So here is what's going on: I'm trying to setup Speech Recognition for a headset to use for voice commands for a personal project. To be perfectly clear, the headset works just fine while using it normally, but I can't get Speech Recognition to even open! When I try to open it, I get this dialog/error box:

Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions! 9be084bf-c48c-43c4-a3bc-38571e3d44d8?upload=true.png

Now, I have done some troubleshooting of my own & haven't been able to figure out what is going on. Try to go easy on me as I've never used a headset for voice commands before which even includes limited experience with just trying to set it up! I did check my Advanced Speech Recognition options & made sure the option that says "Review documents & mail to improve accuracy" was unchecked because I heard that might cause problems, but I'm no expert! ¯\__/¯ I checked for latest Windows Updates, driver issues, corrupt system files, etc & I'm all good on that.

Also, I have noticed that I will get this same dialog/error box upon reboots when my headsetisn't plugged in & my headphones are which is just bizarre IMO. Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions! o_O Like I said though, both devices work fine for audio & I can use the microphone on my headset just fine for games; but I really don't know why I'm having these issues with Speech Recognition!

If anyone needs any further details or needs to ask me something about this, feel free to do so & I'll answer back given my knowledge.

Thanks to anyone here who might be able to help! ^_^

:)

Kyle Jennings, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Apr 6, 2020
  3. WinXNewby Win User
    Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I did mean to write 'Speech Recognition', not 'Voice Recognition'. 'Bit irritating' doesn't come close! I had already chosen 'English (Australia)'. I'm wondering if our issue with Speech Recognition could be that the man has an extremely broad Aussie accent - one you only usually hear in rural areas.
    Following your advice, on my next visit I'll check which build version his pc is.
    I'm reluctant to commence on new speech recognition software after spending hours and hours on the Windows 10 one. Surely Microsoft should have the top engineers.

WinXNewby, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!

Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!

1. Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions! - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition Issues

2. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  3. Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows Dictation but not Speech Recognition: Hello,We're having issues with random users not being able to use Windows Dictation Windows + H keyboard shortcut - it doesn't report an error, it acts as though it is listening, but it does not translate speech to text.Oddly enough, Speech Recognition as well as all other...
  4. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  5. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  6. Tips/Solutions For Common Windows 10 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tips/Solutions For Common Windows 10 Issues: Microsoft is thinking about the year 2050 already, while we're still struggling with 2021. This all sounds good of course, but the problem is our current devices aren't yet ready for 2050. I believe most of the issues plaguing Windows 10 boil down to the OS' attempts to be...
  7. Speech recognition issue

in Cortana
    Speech recognition issue: [ATTACH] Please help me I want to download these speech recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-issue/83b38809-23d8-44f1-9250-da392e280e98"
  8. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  9. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a