Windows 10: Speech Recognition shortcut?

Discus and support Speech Recognition shortcut? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to make a shortcut to put on the desktop for Microsoft's built-in Speech Recognition? The best I can find is creating this shorcut:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Sep 29, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Speech Recognition shortcut?

Is there a way to make a shortcut to put on the desktop for Microsoft's built-in Speech Recognition? The best I can find is creating this shorcut:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{58E3C745-D971-4081-9034-86E34B30836A}

but that opens up the entire "configure Speech Recognition experience" window in control panel. I want to make a shortcut that directly starts the Speech Recognition, just like clicking "Start Speech Recognition" does in that control panel shortcut. Is there a way to do this?

:)

rivre, Sep 29, 2016

2. Speech recognition does not shut down

Hello

I have a bug with Windows Speech Recognition (SAPI) in Windows 10, version 1709, OS Build 16299.125. (issue was present in earlier builds of Windows 10 as well)

Speech Recognition will refuse to start again once closed if certain criteria are met.

I have placed a shortcut for starting Windows Speech Recognition on my Desktop.

Shortcut copied from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessibility\Windows Speech Recognition

- Click the shortcut to start Windows Speech Recognition

- Open Start

- Close Start

- Close Windows Speech Recognition

- Click the shortcut to Windows Speech Recognition

Windows Speech Recognition won’t open. Looking at Task Manager you’ll see Speech Recognition still running.

If you open Start, you’ll see Speech Recognition disappearing from Task Manager and you are able to open Windows Speech Recognition again. If you close Windows Speech Recognition without opening Start, you are able to start Windows Speech Recognition
    again.

DictationScratchPad, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Speech Recognition

Click Start

Type: Start speech recognition

Hit Enter

OR

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Speech Recognition

Click Start speech recognition

Andre Da Costa, Sep 29, 2016
  4. rivre Win User

Ah, I never mind - I found the solution. Create a new shortcut to:

%windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX

rivre, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Speech Recognition shortcut? - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition shortcut

2. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech recognition: speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported the recogniser language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recogniser language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options...
  3. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  4. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  5. Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Recognition: When I say start listening, it keeps reverting to sleep. What do I do to keep it active/listening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition/190fcd77-2d03-44e3-b269-c270da89bd83
  6. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition: error message: Speech Recognition could not start. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition/c792bbcf-3664-4fad-b907-a9cb820f79fd"
  7. speech recognition

in Cortana
    speech recognition: greetings family I am new to the computer age, not tech savvy at all, but trying to learn at my own pace. I just unboxed my very 1st laptop a hp . I feel so lost because half of these functions I, don't understand how to use them, let alone know what they are for. example...
  8. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: Following a recent update, my speech recognition no longer works, instead showing a message I must change the recogniser language settings in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options. I can't find speech recognition control panel OR advanced options. I...
  9. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  10. Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?: Several threads suggest making a shortcut using the following string to turn on Windows 10 native Speech Recognition: %windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX However, I am trying for a Desktop Shortcut which enables Speech Recognition AND opens the Control Widget (the...