Windows 10: Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes

Discus and support Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I really want to get this fixed because I have to use speech recognition constantly. It's as if it turning itself off even while it shows itself as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Galbraith, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes

I really want to get this fixed because I have to use speech recognition constantly.

It's as if it turning itself off even while it shows itself as turned on. Speech recognition just stops hearing me every couple of minutes, even during the training. I have to click pause and then resume for it to start hearing me again so I can continue training. I use speech recognition to control certain applications daily and it's infuriating to have to turn it off and on every couple of minutes over and over.

I've tried creating a new speech recognition profile but the problem persists. My mic settings are all where they are supposed to be. I've used multiple headsets and a couple dedicated audio devices., too, so it's not hardware related.

Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes 711718f0-1a7d-4417-8616-910057f38fcd?upload=true.png

Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes 44a92af6-853c-42ee-a785-23db52fda83a?upload=true.png

I think Windows version 2004 is the worst implementation of your OS yet. It just broke so many things. Thank you ahead of time for any help you can offer that doesn't involve cut & paste answers. :

Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes 25e2b973-1aeb-46c7-b53f-16f43e23ab55?upload=true.png

:)

David Galbraith, Aug 7, 2020

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    No speech recognition at all

Hi, this may be of interest:
    Installing additional language packs for Windows 10 speech recognition random ranting

This has downloads, + a complete list of languages availablefor Win 10:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27224
    (but note the date)

fwiw I just tried it- my locale, speech, display language etc are set to UK English. (Which took some doing this time, or something was slightly messed up).

If I type speech in Cortana's search box, say, I get Windows Speech Recognition as top search.

I use Classic Shell, with the Control Panel expanded, so in a second or less I can see 'Speech Recognition' listed there.

Similarly, if I type 'Speech' in Settings I can easily see Speech Recognition.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the speech recognition bar displayed, task manager shows:
    SpeechRuntime.exe in C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common ..........

sapisvr.exe in C:\Windows\Speech\Common

running.

=================================================
    Some (older) search results:

I came across this for Win 7
    Speech Recognition - Language Configuration is Not Supported Error Fix - Windows 7 Help Forums
    - maybe there's an updated one here (see Tutorials).

There are a couple of helpful links at the end of this (but Win 7 again)
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...c-cb0ae84c939d

dalchina, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes

Windows 10 Speech Recognition not working

This did nothing to fix my identical error message/issue.

NOTE:

• Cortana can hear and understand me just fine.
    • The error occurs for me when: in SETTINGS, after typing "speech" in the search, and selecting
      START SPEECH RECOGNITION.

My intent is to eventually figure out a way to use the speech recognition to write a book.

STAN REISS, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes

1. Speech Recognition will just stop hearing me every couple minutes - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition stop

2. Speech recognition is not listening me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech recognition is not listening me: Hello,I am VatshalWhen I sett up speech recognition and turned on, it don't listened to me only a beep plays. When I play the sound in change system sounds, it shows speech misrecognition. what Should I do...
  3. Speech recognition is not listening me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition is not listening me: Hello,I am VatshalWhen I sett up speech recognition and turned on, it don't listened to me only a beep plays. When I play the sound in change system sounds, it shows speech misrecognition. what Should I do...
  4. Speech recognition is not listening me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permanently stop speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  6. Permanently stop speech recognition

Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  7. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  8. crashes every couple of minutes

crashes every couple of minutes: Firefox and Edge crash constantly. I mean constantly. IT guy can't fix it. word will not respond at times. email yahoo almost stops while I write a message. and then the words appear. help me....
  9. crashes every couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...