Windows 10: Speech Recogntion always gets o wrong

Discus and support Speech Recogntion always gets o wrong in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am getting on quite well with Windows 10 Speech Recognition except for one persistent and annoying problem. Whenever - and I do mean EVERY time -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrsNemo, Jul 11, 2019.

1. MrsNemo Win User

Speech Recogntion always gets o wrong

I am getting on quite well with Windows 10 Speech Recognition except for one persistent and annoying problem. Whenever - and I do mean EVERY time - that I have to spell a word containing the letter o the software will only type a letter n. I speak very clearly without a regional accent and all other letters are recognized immediately and correctly. The only way I can "spell" a letter o is to say "Oscar", which usually produces a lower case o, but there's no way I can persuade it to produce a capital O. As most of my dictation is of old Wills there is a lot of obscure words or odd spellings so I am frequently having to spell out words and not being able to produce a letter o is frustrating and time consuming.

:)

MrsNemo, Jul 11, 2019

2. Voice recogntion

Why is voice recogntion in Windows Mobile not to the point of understanding full sentences...

Please answer

DanielWilliamGrise, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Lex Del Win User

Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Speech Recogntion always gets o wrong - Similar Threads - Speech Recogntion always

2. Recovery Environment password is always wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Environment password is always wrong: I am locked out of Windows CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and I want to reset Windows 10 and keep my files, but I cant access safe mode. All I can access is the RE, but it asks me for a password to do anything except startup settings which dont work, all of them take me to the "your...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  5. Password is always wrong first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password is always wrong first time: Every time I boot up my Windows 10 partition, and enter my password, it always says incorrect. This is no exaggeration, EVERY TIME on the first attempt. I even test it, trying to be very very careful, making sure I put in the exact correct password slowly, I'm totally sure I...
  6. Face recogntion sign in not connecting to camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Face recogntion sign in not connecting to camera: If i want to "create your picture" it opens up my logitech camera just fine, but when i go to setup the face recognition for signing it it cannot connect to the camer....
  7. edge always o[pen

in Windows 10 Customization
    edge always o[pen: Why browser Edge is always open even not in use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-always-open/e5c2e717-eea0-471e-aca1-e7c3978c2864
  8. Windows always opens on wrong monitor

Windows always opens on wrong monitor: Hello, I use 4 monitors, 1 is the internal laptop screen, 2 & 3 are external monitors and the fourth is a smart TV. I only use 3 of these when all are connected, the two externals and the TV. When all are connected the laptop screen is disconnected. Every day when I wake...
  9. Location is Always Wrong..

Location is Always Wrong..: Windows 10 is always wrong on my location by 50 miles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-always-wrong/3f35c34c-27f2-407d-b01d-335bda14b354
  10. Time zone always wrong

Time zone always wrong: So I need some help with my clock and time zone settings. I have multiple windows 10 computers in my house, and they all have the incorrect time zones. For some reason, they think we are in Beijing, China, even though we are in the eastern United States. my first assumption...