Windows 10: Speech to text only works with Edge search box

Discus and support Speech to text only works with Edge search box in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinQuail, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No troubleshooters nor restarting the computer do anything.

:)

KevinQuail, Aug 16, 2022
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 16, 2022
  4. freda Win User

Speech to text only works with Edge search box

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Speech to text only works with Edge search box

1. Speech to text only works with Edge search box - Similar Threads - Speech text works

2. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  3. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech-to-text not working: yes, I have read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-not-available-in-current/9147ad8e-138c-4128-85b6-b78d88d3ea38 and it does not answer my problem.I tried Windows > H and got a bar at the top of the screen with a message saying Download...
  4. Speech-to-text not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  6. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  7. Speech to text only works with Edge search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text only works with Edge search box: There's a little box down near the bottom of the page with a microphone icon. Suddenly, today, that box no longer works because it keeps saying I'm not connected to the Internet- I am. However, when I click on the microphone in the Edge search box, it works fine. No...
  8. SPEECH RECOGNITION AND SEARCH BOX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SPEECH RECOGNITION AND SEARCH BOX: THE SEARCH BOX IS CONSTANTLY POPING UP AND FREEZING MY LAPTOP. THIS HAPPENS AT THE SAME TIME AS A SPEECH RECOGNITION SET "POP UP". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-and-search-box/48e43d63-8f82-4da8-9f1e-102f4d949fe0
  9. Text to Speech not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text to Speech not working: I'm running Windows 10 Version 1809 (Build 17763.557) and I have English (India) as the system language. The text-to-speech settings shows 2 voices, i.e. Microsoft Heera and Microsoft Ravi, but the preview button doesn't playback any audio/voice. Therefore, when I'm...
  10. Text-to-Speech is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text-to-Speech is not working: Unfortunately Cortana is not working on my Windows 10 PC. This is the only problem since other features are working well. I have an US English language pack installed. I did some troubleshooting like installing updates and reinstalling audio drivers...