Windows 10: speech to text

Discus and support speech to text in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Speech to text issue. Having spent 18 months trying to find a cure for an issue with speech recognition on windows 10 pro. V 1809 Build 17763.379 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tipeneb, Mar 30, 2019.

1. tipeneb Win User

speech to text

Speech to text issue.

Having spent 18 months trying to find a cure for an issue with speech recognition on windows 10 pro. V 1809 Build 17763.379
    I have reached an impasse. A wall. I'm stuck.
    Some conflict between motherboard and software is preventing me from utilizing VoiceAttack. I found that program to be something truly wonderful. My 70yr old fingers find it very difficult to spread themselves across the keyboard.
    My eyes seem about the same age as my fingers, they don’t work like they used to.
    That program used to work on my machine. It worked really well. I do remember a large (ish) update from microsft.
    You must have....bla bla bla. Since that update, no speech recognition. No VoiceAttack.
    For some reason was not able to uninstall that update.

Please don’t tell me to go to device manager.
    Please don’t tell me to go to audio properties.
    Please don’t tell me to go to reinstall windows.
    Please don’t tell me to go to ask microsoft.
    Please don’t tell me to go to asus motherboard.
    Please don’t tell me to buy another microphone.
    Please don’t tell me to check plug.
    Please don’t tell me to check cable.
    Trouble shooter tells me microphones are working correctly. (Sometimes without one plugged in ????)

Yes the microphones work in other appliances.
    Yes the microphones work with other software.
    Yes windows registers microphone on setup....Peter prefers bla bla the green line is hearing my voice however it immediately shuts down setup and tells me I have no microphone.
    microsoft helpline, no help. Telling me now it’s a hardware issue.
    asus helpline, no help. Telling me it’s a software issue.
    realteck helpline, no help. Stopped talking to me.

At this point I'm beginning to think my PC will need to be replaced. 2 years old.
    I was thinking last night (A dangerous thing for me) could I ask if anyone has an audio driver that definitely works with speech to text? Yeah, I’m clutching at straws.

I have downloaded MANY audio drivers and tried all. No, none have yet fixed the issue.
    But 1 last try, is it possible, I'm not asking for your driver, you will need it.
    I would ask what number is it. Where can I get it?
    Yeah, goin down for the third time. Grasping for air. Clutching at anything.

Below find some, stuff. I don't really understand it but there it is.

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Motherboard Product SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1
    BIOS Version 3801
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    GenuineIntel
    Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Architecture x64
    # of Cores 4
    # of Threads 8
    Current Clock Speed 4008 MHz
    Current Voltage 1.9
    Level 2 Cache 1024 Kb
    Level 3 Cache 8192 Kb
    Processor Id BFEBFBFF000506E3
    Revision 24067
    Availability Running at full power

Intel® 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family
    NVIDIA
    Video Processor GeForce GTX 1080
    Resolution 2560 x 1440
    Bits Per Pixel 32
    Number of Colors 4294967296
    Refresh Rate - Current 59 Hz
    Refresh Rate - Maximum 75 Hz
    Refresh Rate - Minimum 56 Hz
    Driver Provider NVIDIA
    Driver Version 25.21.14.1935
    Driver Date 3/1/2019
    Adapter DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
    Adapter RAM 4.00 GB
    Availability Running at full power
    Status This device is working properly.
    Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0
    Device Id PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B80&SUBSYS_61833842&REV_A1\4&2D78AB8F&0&0008

Microsoft
    Driver Version 10.0.17763.1
    Driver Date 9/14/2018
    Device Id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_38426183&REV_1001\5&FD5890A&0&0001
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Driver Version 6.0.1.7727
    Driver Date 1/22/2016
    Device Id HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_104386BE&REV_1000\4&29409009&0&0001
    Logitech G533 Gaming Headset
    Driver Provider Logitech
    Driver Version 8.98.201.0
    Driver Date 3/8/2018
    Device Id USB\VID_046D&PID_0A66&MI_00\6&3434066B&0&0000
    I like coffee. And would like to thank you for your patience if you got this far.

:)

tipeneb, Mar 30, 2019
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Mar 30, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

speech to text

Autoscroll function and speech to text?

Dear Rarara!
    You should find this MS Support article "Use Speech Recognition" both interesting and helpful. I agree with the previous poster that 3rd-party products (such as Dragon Naturally Speaking, in addition to his suggestion) are better for those in need of more serious and capable speech to text solutions.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

speech to text

1. speech to text - Similar Threads - speech text

2. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  3. Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech TTS Croatian male voice Matej. Download not available?: Dear Microsoft support,I am trying to download Croatian TTS male voice Matej, but among all other languages/options Croatian TTS is not available for download :https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/download/details.aspx?id=27224however it is listed as supported and available here...
  4. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  5. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing: The Copilot that sits on my Windows 10 taskbar has a very natural sounding female English voice with a Xhosa or perhaps Zulu South African English accent. I do not like it. I have tried changing Edge browser's voice, as well as Windows' text to voice settings.This is clearly...
  6. Edge vs Copilot vs Windows "Read aloud" / "Text to speech" settings are confusing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...

What's the best professional text-to-speech software, and what's the best professional...: I want to buy AI text-to-speech software that will read web pages to me and sound natural. What the best one? I also want to buy speech-to-text software so I can type with my voice. What the best one? Ideally it can learn names and new slang also. Currently use PC. Could...
  8. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  9. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10: Hi,This started a while ago and it feels out of nowhere. I stream with a tts website open to read chat messages but suddenly, it stopped playing audio. At first I thought the website I was using was busted but no other tts site worked either. I then thought the tts on my pc...
  10. The certain voices for TTS Text to Speech on my PC are not working. Windows 10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone speech to text