Windows 10: Speed of HDD

Discus and support Speed of HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have filled my 1TB 4 Years old HDD Hard Disk Drive upto 150GB though it is quite slow.I have tried everything defragmentation, indexing, background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SanskarSunil Dutt, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Speed of HDD

I have filled my 1TB 4 Years old HDD Hard Disk Drive upto 150GB though it is quite slow.I have tried everything defragmentation, indexing, background apps, startup apps, clearing up space. I know that SSD may solve these problems but I am not instresed in investing an amount on this laptop.But still disappointed.please can anyone help

:)

SanskarSunil Dutt, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Speed of HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Speed of HDD

1. Speed of HDD - Similar Threads - Speed HDD

2. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  3. Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speed: Hello,I'm getting inconsistent internal HDD data transfer speeds. The speeds go up and down and sometime pauses at 0 mb/s for a few seconds. Never seen this before. Using Windows 11. I actually have a X670e motherboard. It was happening on this board and I thought it was the...
  4. Speed increase for HDD update - 22H2 (19045.2486)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speed increase for HDD update - 22H2 (19045.2486): Hello, For anyone still using spinning HDD drives - the latest update - 22H2 (19045.2486) - made a very big speed and reaction increase compare to anything Windows 10 offered before. I can already see on the disc that its not in use almost at all - not by Windows system and...
  5. HDD speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD speed: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this?This was asked back in 2018 and your reply Nikhar Khare was to explain how to view disk performance. Not an answer to the question.Do you have a helpful reply to: "Has MS solved...
  6. HDD speed

HDD speed: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this?This was asked back in 2018 and your reply Nikhar Khare was to explain how to view disk performance. Not an answer to the question.Do you have a helpful reply to: "Has MS solved...
  7. External HDD writing speed slows down after safely removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD writing speed slows down after safely removed: Hi everyone,I just have a new external HDD lacie rugged 5tb usb-c and having a problem with its writing speed.Case 1: laptop is already on. Plug in the external HDD in the usb-c port. Then I speed test with CrystalDiskMark, I got 130MB/s for reading and ~ 50MB/s for writing....
  8. External HDD writing speed slows down after safely removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD writing speed slows down after safely removed: Hi everyone,I just have a new external HDD lacie rugged 5tb usb-c and having a problem with its writing speed.Case 1: laptop is already on. Plug in the external HDD in the usb-c port. Then I speed test with CrystalDiskMark, I got 130MB/s for reading and ~ 50MB/s for writing....
  9. External HDD writing speed slows down after safely removed

10. Copy data from HDD to SSD in windows 11 down speed & Freeze

Copy data from HDD to SSD in windows 11 down speed & Freeze: hiI'm a windows 11 user, I just bought an external SSD with a capacity of 1 TB, I want to move files on my old external HDD to an external SSD, but every time I move the file, the initial safe file copy speed sometimes arrives - suddenly down to 0kb/s and windows...