Windows 10: Speed of HDD

Discus and support Speed of HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have filled my 1TB 4 Years old HDD Hard Disk Drive upto 150GB though it is quite slow.I have tried everything defragmentation, indexing, background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SanskarSunil Dutt, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Speed of HDD

I have filled my 1TB 4 Years old HDD Hard Disk Drive upto 150GB though it is quite slow.I have tried everything defragmentation, indexing, background apps, startup apps, clearing up space. I know that SSD may solve these problems but I am not instresed in investing an amount on this laptop.But still disappointed.please can anyone help

:)

SanskarSunil Dutt, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Slow HDD read and write speeds

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will require a few more information from you to help you further with the issue. Please reply with the following details:

• In which device are you facing this issue?
    • Are you using an external HDD or internal HDD?
    • Are you getting the read and write speed issue on any particular application?

However, you can Disk Defragment on your computer to optimize the drive. To run Disk Defragment please follow the steps from the article

Defragment your Windows 10 PC

Alternatively, you can check for the read and write speed of the HDD in task manager. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check the read and write speed of the hard drive:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together on the keyboard.
    2. Click on Performance tab.
    3. Click on Disk 0.
    4. You will find the Read speed and
      Write speed
      at the bottom of the window.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Speed of HDD

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Speed of HDD

1. Speed of HDD - Similar Threads - Speed HDD

2. Speed of HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speed of HDD: I have filled my 1TB 4 Years old HDD Hard Disk Drive upto 150GB though it is quite slow.I have tried everything defragmentation, indexing, background apps, startup apps, clearing up space. I know that SSD may solve these problems but I am not instresed in investing an amount...
  3. BitLocker 80% write speed loss on internal storage HDD, 111MB/s down to less than 27MB/s...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker 80% write speed loss on internal storage HDD, 111MB/s down to less than 27MB/s...: I Bitlocker encrypted an internal storage HDD that has gone from 107 MB/s large file transfer average down to less than 27 MB/s using bitlocker. In the image below I removed Bitlocker and write speed went back to 54 to 107 MB/s for for standard files and large files. I then...
  4. HDD at EXTREMELY low read write speeds. Issue seems to have started after coming home from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD at EXTREMELY low read write speeds. Issue seems to have started after coming home from...: Hey, so I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA III HDD. Its worked ever since i custom built my pc, and has supplied solid performance. No issues with downloads, but has been acting up quite a bit recently. My speeds are as follows:Active Time: always 100%Response Time:...
  5. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it 178342
  6. Bitlocker enabled HDD speed difference between Win 10 1909 and 20H2?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bitlocker enabled HDD speed difference between Win 10 1909 and 20H2?: More accurately: What would cause a considerable speed difference between Bitlocker enabled HDD's in Win 10 Pro 1909 (18363.1440) and Win 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.867). My Specs: i9 9900K Z390 Master mobo 64GB DDR4 (3200 cl14) GTX 1080 GPU - 2 mons @ 2k GTX 1030 GPU - 2 mons @ 2k...
  7. What would cause a considerable speed difference between Bitlocker enabled HDD's in Win 10...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What would cause a considerable speed difference between Bitlocker enabled HDD's in Win 10...: What would cause a considerable speed difference between Bitlocker enabled HDD's in Win 10 Pro 1909 18363.1440 and Win 10 Pro 20H2 19042.867? My Specs: i9 9900K Z390 Master mobo 64GB DDR4 3200 cl14 GTX 1080 GPU - 2 mons @ 2k GTX 1030 GPU - 2 mons @ 2k EVGA 750 W gold GPU...
  8. HDD speed under SATA I 1.5Gbps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD speed under SATA I 1.5Gbps: Hi, I'm kind of shocked about the results of an HDD I happen to have which is SATA I 1.5Gbps. I've read that the real maximum speed using this standard is about 150MB/s. Knowing that a HDD has between 70-100MB/s maximum speed, then the SATA I is more than enough to support...
  9. HDD write speed periodically drops to 0 while copying - is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD write speed periodically drops to 0 while copying - is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/racarete [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i44gct/hdd_write_speed_periodically_drops_to_0_while/
  10. File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transfer speed between HDD's capped 6MB/s. Same on another home PC. Update issue?: Bascially my girlfriend and I have win10 PC's and have never had any big issues with Windows ever. We recently moved house and I just setup the PC's again. I have not changed any settings on any of the PC's, but when ever we try to tranfer files between HDD's, SSD's or even...