Windows 10: Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates

Discus and support Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc seems to be SLOWER deleting folders from my DESKTOP takes between 5 and 20 seconds to appear in recycle bin same for deleting from recycle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cliveskinner, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates

my pc seems to be SLOWER deleting folders from my DESKTOP

takes between 5 and 20 seconds to appear in recycle bin

same for deleting from recycle bin

Am using intel i7 9700k with 32gb ram

500gb SSD

NO earthly reason why it should be slowing down

recommendations pls????

have norton installed but its been perfect for years and NOT interferring with usage.

anyway to check whats using system resources undercover? maybe??

:)

cliveskinner, Jun 7, 2020

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates

1. Speed of PC slowed since MAY updates - Similar Threads - Speed slowed since

2. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  3. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  4. Slow internet speed on a new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed on a new PC: Hi! Im having a problem with the internet connection on my Windows 10 brand new PC. The speed should be 150mbps and on speedtest it shows that exact speed on all my devices exepct for the new PC. I tried plugging it with the ethernet cabel, turning off wifi and it still...
  5. Slow speed on my PC

Slow speed on my PC: I've been having problems with my internet connection for a while, and don't know if there is any fix for this. According to my family's devices, the internet speed is 75mb per second, but when I test my internet its only at 0.5 - 10mb. I don't know how to fix this and don't...
  6. Slow WiFi speed on PC only

Slow WiFi speed on PC only: a week before the problem occurred i had just upgraded to NBN and was fine for the first few days then every device in the house slowed down after this was fixed the PC was the only device that still had very slow speeds. Since every device was working fine with NBN and the...
  7. no Updates for since May 4 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no Updates for since May 4 2019: Hello, I've been noticing there is no updates every day since May 4, 2019. I check it every day, maybe not on weekends. Now I'm getting worried why is this happening, can you help me with this situation. I do not see anything wrong except for this. this is a new desktop...
  8. Problem since May 8 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem since May 8 Update: My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892 update. At that time, I did a clean install of Win 10 Home that eliminated the troublesome update. Since then it has worked fine....
  9. Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10

Very slow internet speed since upgrade to 10: Hi hope somebody can help. Since upgrading to windows 10 my internet speed on my Packard Bell PC has dropped to almost nothing, less than 1mb. Before upgrade it was around 76mb. All my other laptops, tablets etc are getting good wifi speeds. When I use a ethernet connection...
  10. PC very slow since windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC very slow since windows update: Hi Guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd. I have 16 gig of memory. It is running extremely slow. All programs, including Chrome, are taking 5 or 6 times longer to load. I have checked everything I can think of. I ran Disc Cleanup. I ran...