Windows 10: Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting in EdgeHTML 14, Microsoft Edge supports WOFF 2.0 fonts — a new format that reduces the size of a font file by more than 30%, helping web pages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge

Source: Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, May 2, 2016

2. Fonts on web pages wrong since Win 10 upgrade

Hi. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 today, seemingly with no problems. On loading up a web page on Microsoft Edge, I found it was practically unreadable, with a strange, fractured font. I then went to Settings and opened the same page with Internet
    Explorer - my home page is Google Search - initially the font seemed as normal, but as I typed it changed to the same weird font as Microsoft Edge. I'm even getting it on pages like Facebook. I've tried going into settings and internet options for both browsers
    and changing font settings/read views, but to no avail. I'm stumped. Can anyone help, please?

KarenAdamson, May 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 very slow

ach page on Windows 10 is Very slow. Especially the browser Wondows Edge. How can I speed this up, sometimes it takes 15 to 30 seconds to load the next page. Ridiculous!!! Please help.

KathyCipriano, May 2, 2016
Thema:

Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge

1. Speed up page load with WOFF 2.0 fonts in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Speed page load

2. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  3. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow up load speed?: I have a new router I get 500+mbps downlead on both desktop and laptop connected by ethernet cable and 23.0 up on the laptop but only 0.24 on the desk top, why?Both are running windows10 and both are connecten to router by cable.There must ber some setting on the desk top...
  4. Slow up load speed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?: [ATTACH]Ever since Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge, it has been one of the best browsers in every aspect. It is also a Chromium-based web browser, that is well-known for its speeds. However. some users are experiencing a slow download speed on Edge. We have a few fixes...
  6. Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Fonts in Notepad messed up fonts in Microsoft Edge.: After I changed the fonts in notepad from Tahoma to Times New Roman (also increasing the font sizes), I suddenly realized that all my fonts in Microsoft Edge and other browsers messed up - normal letter becomes italics or becomes bold etc. I have tried in Edge Setting -...
  7. How to speed up Edge and make it load faster

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Edge and make it load faster: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium now offers a better experience than Google’s Chrome even though they […] This article How to speed up Edge and make it load faster first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web pages will not load on Edge or Chrome: I have just purchased a new Computer and installed Windows 10/64 Pro on brand new m.2 drive never used before, I updated windows to the current Windows Ver 1803 build 17134.228 and from then on I cannot load any pages on Edge or Chrome. I am Computer literate and have done...
  9. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...
  10. Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam

in Browsers and Email
    Font messed up in Microsoft Edge and Steam: Hey all, loving Windows 10 so far *Biggrin, however, i do have 1 issue at the moment Please see the attached image, this font is also used in Steam in the store. All of the items listed are in this font, making it very hard to read. Anyone have any idea how you change...