Windows 10: Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

Discus and support Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Asus Transformer T100TAF with a 32 GB EMMC hard drive. Not much to work with so I installed a 128GB SanDisk U1 drive that is mounted as a VHD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MotoTom, May 1, 2019.

1. MotoTom Win User

Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

I have an Asus Transformer T100TAF with a 32 GB EMMC hard drive. Not much to work with so I installed a 128GB SanDisk U1 drive that is mounted as a VHD D:\using a Task manager task.

I then changed the Storage settings so all new files go to the D:\ drive and all new app have been installed to the D:\ drive. I also changed the location of all of the primary Windows folders (Douments, Downloads, etc) to D:\Users\[my name]\...

I works really well EXCEPT, when starting I get a message that the D:\ drive is not available. In a minute or so it's available but I then have to open Task Manager and retart Windows Explorer to regain my taskbar icons.

How can I avoid this by accerating the mounting of the VHD or, if that's not possible, how can I structure a Windows Explorer Restart task that would start 2 minutes after booting. I'm also willing to move some functions back to the C:\ drive if it will fix this.

Thanks for reading and for any help offered.

:)

MotoTom, May 1, 2019
  2. MarkS.1 Win User

Bitlocker VHD not mounting

When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message:

Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume

When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker password. But now there is no password prompt and I get the latter error.

How do I get this vhd to mount?

MarkS.1, May 1, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 1, 2019
  4. Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

Bitlocker VHD not mounting

Hi MarkS.1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

As you are trying to the mount the Bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, suggest you to post this question in the

IT Pro TechNet Forum
    where we have dedicated higher level support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge to handle this query for you.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

1. Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone - Similar Threads - Speed VHD Mount

2. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  3. Network icon is gone in taskbar

Network icon is gone in taskbar: The computer icon with the eithernet connector (or if on Wi-Fi, the wifi logo) in the taskbar is gone from my system. And when I try to activate it from setting>taskbar my volume control icon turns on and off instead of making my network icon appear shown here with orage...
  4. The battery icon on the taskbar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    The battery icon on the taskbar is gone: My battery icon has gone missing for some reason, I can't turn it on either as you can see in the picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar-is-gone/16ecac25-fc3f-40c3-8f5a-0cd8f81dda91
  5. Taskbar Icon Tray gone

Taskbar Icon Tray gone: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  6. [SOLVED] Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [SOLVED] Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...
  7. Mount a VHD? How?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mount a VHD? How?: I used VirtualBox to create a 640MB VHD (virtual hard disk) named 'Palemoon portable (Linux).vhd'. (Note that the VHD is not a VDI.) I need to format it, but first, I need to mount it. But when I attempt to mount it (as Administrator) via Disk Managment's 'Action' 'Attach...
  8. Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Speed Up VHD Mount - Taskbar Icons Gone: I have an Asus Transformer T100TAF with a 32 GB EMMC hard drive. Not much to work with so I installed a 128GB SanDisk U1 drive that is mounted as a VHD D:\using a Task manager task. I then changed the Storage settings so all new files go to the D:\ drive and all new app have...
  9. Bitlocker VHD not mounting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker VHD not mounting: When I try to mount my bitlocker-encrypted VHD file, I get the following error message: Couldn't Mount File, Make sure the file is in NTFS volume and isn't a compressed folder or volume When I previously and successfully mounted the vhd, I was prompted for the BitLocker...
  10. Taskbar Icons gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d