Windows 10: Speed up your machine! (Windows Only)

Discus and support Speed up your machine! (Windows Only) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Laptops and Desktops are known to become slow overtime, so I wanted to give you some speed up tips for windows. Laptops: 1. So, you'll want to go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XboxOneSogie720, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Speed up your machine! (Windows Only)

Laptops and Desktops are known to become slow overtime, so I wanted to give you some speed up tips for windows.

Laptops: 1. So, you'll want to go into the start menu and type in disk cleanup. Then you should press open. Then if it allows you to, select your drive with your operating system on it. Usually it is (CSpeed up your machine! (Windows Only) :) Local. Then press start. When it gives you a menu, click every single check box then press OK. Once that is finished, go into the disk cleanup tool and do the same thing. Except this time, press "Clean up system files" Then when the select page shows up, select all of them then press OK. 2. Performance can be effected with the operating system too! So, you need to unplug your laptop from the wall. Click on the battery icon located on the task bar. Move the slider to best performance. If you do not see the slider, go into the control panel again and go to system and security. Then go to power options, click high performance. If you do not see it, click the drop down arrow then click it. 3. Finally, You should go into the control panel and go to system and security. Go to advanced system settings, performance settings, then select Adjust for best performance. That should do it for laptops!

Desktops: Basically do the same but ignore the battery statements in the paragraph.

Tell me in the comments what you think! Any questions? I'll try to answer them as soon as possible.

submitted by /u/XboxOneSogie720
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XboxOneSogie720, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Speed up your machine! (Windows Only)

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Speed up your machine! (Windows Only)

1. Speed up your machine! (Windows Only) - Similar Threads - Speed machine

2. lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed: Hi. Thursday night there was a Microsoft update when i shut down my computer. Friday my computer was slower than a TRS80 using dial up! It's is so slow it's insane! Takes me five minutes to open Excel. Takes me another 3 minutes to type a number into a window. Forget about...
  3. lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed: Hi. Thursday night there was a Microsoft update when i shut down my computer. Friday my computer was slower than a TRS80 using dial up! It's is so slow it's insane! Takes me five minutes to open Excel. Takes me another 3 minutes to type a number into a window. Forget about...
  4. lastest update has destroyed my machine's speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!: [ATTACH]If you have installed Windows 11 in Hyper-V, but the virtual machine is very slow to start, here are some tweaks that might speed it up. Although several things are responsible for this slowness, these common changes might be handy for you. Whether you have installed...
  6. Slow internet speeds on Alienware Alpha Steam Machine Running Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speeds on Alienware Alpha Steam Machine Running Win10: Hello! I recently found to be having issues with my Alienware Alpha's wireless abilities,On my laptop, I can get download speeds upwards of 120-200 MB/s in the same room as the Alpha, however on the Alpha I cannot muster over 20-30 MB/s, And sometimes it'll drop down to 2-3...
  7. How to speed up a VirtualBox Virtual Machine and make it run faster

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up a VirtualBox Virtual Machine and make it run faster: The speed and performance of a Virtual Machine depend on the specifications of the host machine like RAM, processor, etc. But sometimes, despite having a powerful computer, the Virtual Machine runs slow. In this article, we will describe some methods that will help you make...
  8. Low LAN speeds on only one machine

Low LAN speeds on only one machine: My device is reporting a LAN speed of anywhere between 100 - 400 Mb/s whereas any other device I tried to connect to the same network reported consistent speeds of about 900 - 1000 Mb/s. This problem persists with different cables and other devices connected with the same...
  9. Internet speeds slow on SOME Windows 10 machines

Internet speeds slow on SOME Windows 10 machines: I have 2 machines at my desk, I have recently installed Windows 10 on both of them. One of them is using a motherboard with an Intel I217-V network adapter, and the other is using an Intel I219-V. On the machine with the 217, my internet speeds seems to be capped around...
  10. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results: I have two machines running Windows 10 1903 connected via Ethenet to the same Ehtenet switch. Until recenlty, running a network speed test on both machines would yield essentially the same results as long as the same server was being used. It didn't matter what speed test...