Windows 10: Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

Discus and support Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gurn Blanston, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just fine, but needs Speedfan to run to get the temps and fan speeds. That's the problem.

Speedfan has to run from the Startup folder in %Userprofiles%\Appdata\Roaming\MIcrosoft\Windows\...\Startup

No matter what I try it won't work. I looked at a couple of posts here on the forums after doing a search, but they were no help in my situation. One thing I have noticed is that in running Speedfan on it's own (not at boot), it comes up with a UAC window. Could this be the problem? Do I have to run it with elevated privilege? I had heard that you can't run elevated privilege programs from Startup.

If anyone can help, any assistance will be gratefully received.

EDIT: NVM fixed.

:)

Gurn Blanston, Mar 23, 2018
  2. Nick_Adam Win User

Bugcheck BSOD eventid 1001 Windows 10

I tried checking only a few drivers at a time to verify, and got an error that I tracked to a piece of software (PowerDVD). I uninstalled that and moved on to test another driver (Speedfan) and got a new error for that. It seems like a lot of software
    causes the verifier to crash, yet Speedfan has been running on this system for many months before the first BSOD ever came...this just doesn't seem right.

Any idea what might be going on?

Edit: I moved on to check a few other drivers, and then the system would not boot again, and went straight to system repair.

Nick_Adam, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Marc win10vragen, Mar 23, 2018
Thema:

Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

1. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot - Similar Threads - Speedfan Run Boot

2. pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc will not boot, bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run: Cloned HDD to SSD, now neither will run.Getting 0xc000000f error.Bootrec will not run, bootrec rebuild will not run.Desperate.Machine is HP Elite 8300 SFF.Thanks....
  3. speedfan application downloaded from microsoft store not working in window 10

speedfan application downloaded from microsoft store not working in window 10: speedfan application downloaded from microsoft store not working in window 10 in my laptop.what to do * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speedfan-application-downloaded-from-microsoft/6c3adba1-5a97-40b7-9d61-1b5f553b0d5e
  4. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  5. Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan

Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan: Been awhile since I've posted anything here... And my computer really hasn't changed one bit. I did upgrade the CPU finally, though just barely. Went from a Xeon w3550 to a x5650. :V Anyways, that's not what this thread is about. I've been using two of the same programs for...
  6. How to uninstall speedfan?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uninstall speedfan?: I installed speedfan, but it failed to run, it just crashes. But now I can not even uninstall it. In programs and features, speedfan is not listed in the program list, but it is install on the system as it can be found when I type speedfan into the search bar on the task...
  7. Stop programs running at boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop programs running at boot: Middle of last week I was using Excel on my PC, closed it and shut the computer down. When I turned it back on, Excel opened a blank workbook when the computer started up and does this every time now. Last night, I had Chrome open (watching Netflix), closed Chrome, shut...
  8. speedfan not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    speedfan not working after 1803 update: my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on...
  9. SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield)

SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield): Hi As the heading says, I can`t get it to start with windows like it did in Windows 7. I have tried a few ways so far. I have tried the "Elevated Shortcut" and with this "Link". I have also tried to put it in the startup folder, for the users and the one for the...
  10. Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp: I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not. I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task...