Windows 10: Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi - I have an old Lenovo Ideapad laptop that has an i3-6100U processor with 4 GB RAM and a 1 TB HDD by Toshiba. I have had this laptop for over 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScorpioRox, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop

Hi - I have an old Lenovo Ideapad laptop that has an i3-6100U processor with 4 GB RAM and a 1 TB HDD by Toshiba. I have had this laptop for over 3 years now and since I am a student, I cannot upgrade to a more expensive laptop for some time. The laptop runs very slowly and takes forever to boot up. Over 500 GB of storage space is still available, so I am wondering what is wrong, and what can be done to speed the laptop up a bit. It wasn't this slow at all when I first bought it!

Those are the specs of the processor.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

:)

ScorpioRox, Aug 15, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 vs 8.1 for SandyBridge i3 laptop

I agree. I can't see using 8.1 instead of 10.

My daily driver laptop is an IvyBridge i3 @1.8GHz, and it runs 10 wonderfully. It only has 12GB of RAM though. These i3s from that era are still pretty usable. So I'd put whatever the most modern OS you can on it.

newtekie1, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop

1. Speeding up my i3 Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Speeding laptop

2. My laptop can't run lower clock speed than base clock speed after windows 10 1903 update,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop can't run lower clock speed than base clock speed after windows 10 1903 update,...: So I just updated to windows 10 1903 and realized that Microsoft developer maybe somehow disabled lower clockspeed for my laptop.... and the only clock speed it runs while idle is the base clock, it cant runs any lower than that.... I don't know what is Microsoft devloper...
  3. Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed: So I have this old laptop I use for testing stuff that support DDR3 rams up to 1066 MHz , so I managed a while back to upgrade it from 3 GBs rams to 2 x 4 GBs rams that are labeled rather 1333 MHz but show in CPU-Z that its able to perform under various speeds and cycles...
  4. how to speed up my laptop

how to speed up my laptop: dont know if I have all the updates I need or if its a driver issue but laptop is really slow ,how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-my-laptop/930eb128-ee3a-4e23-a86f-849027de681b
  5. Laptop Lid or External Monitor Causing Slower Internete Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Lid or External Monitor Causing Slower Internete Speed: This is not a question as much as it is an answer, because the other threads I found related this topic are closed. I have just finished testing Wifi speeds on my Lenovo laptop and real-time download speed testing showed a significant "up to 50 percent" decrease in download...
  6. How or can i use usb mem stick as ram to speed up laptop

How or can i use usb mem stick as ram to speed up laptop: I have a Hp elitebook with i5 CPU 4gb ram 32 bit O/S x64 based processor keeps shutting down when using compatible music editing software,can anyone help with my issue?...
  7. WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.

WiFi speed decrease on Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop.: I use Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. From 2 weeks i am facing a problem where my laptop is getting lesser speed wifi connection while i am getting higher speed on my mobile. My mobile is getting 40 mbps and my laptop is getting only 10 mbps. I have tested the speed of...
  8. Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop

Windows is limiting my download speed on laptop: Good day, Laptop with windows 10 is downloading to less of half the speed expected. Other device do pass download test with the correct speed. So far I've: Checked for virus and malware nothing found. Have set delivery optimization values to the bare minimum. Checked...
  9. how to speed up laptop in windows 10

how to speed up laptop in windows 10: how to speed up windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-laptop-in-windows-10/d927e623-86ae-4062-a038-240dff182fc5
  10. My Dell laptop returns DL speed < 10 Mbps) and UL speed > 100 Mbps when connected to WiFi...

My Dell laptop returns DL speed < 10 Mbps) and UL speed > 100 Mbps when connected to WiFi...: I have recently upgraded my home broadband connection from copper pair to optical fiber of Airtel and am on a 100MBps speed plan. While my other laptop regularly kicks in 100MBps UL and DL speeds, while tested on Ookla speedtest website, this laptop DELL Inspiron model P24T...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed up windows 10 for old i3