Windows 10: Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop

Discus and support Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; translated from Russian into English via google translator Original in Russian here Hello. Hp 15-ay501ur laptop. the lock screen and welcome screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hpcomps, Mar 22, 2021.

1. hpcomps Win User

Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop

translated from Russian into English via google translator

Original in Russian here

Hello. Hp 15-ay501ur laptop. the lock screen and welcome screen are off. In the power settings, the "quick start" checkbox is enabled and the actions when i press the power button and close the lid are selected "sleep"

But the timeout the screen turns on from the moment the button is pressed and from the moment the lid is opened is different

If I do not close the lid and put the laptop to sleep by pressing the power button, then pressing the power button again while waking up, the screen turns on after a 1-2 seconds

If I send the laptop to sleep by closing the lid, and then opening the lid "wake up", the screen turns on after 4-5 seconds

BUT!!! If I put the laptop to sleep with the power button, then close the lid, and wake up by opening the lid, then the screen turns on as quickly as in the first case, in just a 1-2 seconds

How to make sure that when i close the lid and then open the screen, it turns on as quickly as when i turn it off and on with the button?

After all, as it seems to me, the fact that turning off with a button followed by closing and turning on by opening also occurs in 1-2 seconds, than if i close and open the lid, suggests that this is not a hardware component, but a software, IMHO

It seems that the mechanism for entering sleep mode by simply closing the lid does not use or does not take into account the "fast start"

and the transition to sleep mode when the button is pressed uses and takes into account the "quick start" and that it is possible somewhere in the settings or in the registry to make changes in which the system will use the same mechanism, or you can "trick" the system so that when the lid is closed it "thinks "that the power button is pressed

Installed Windows 21H1 19043, on Windows 20H2 19041 the behavior is similar

:)

hpcomps, Mar 22, 2021
  2. n1trox Win User

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Mar 22, 2021
  4. cognus Win User

Laptop Display is not turned ON when Waking from Sleep

One more bug in my project to run Win10 on an older HP/CPQ CQ60 model. All working ok now except for a consistent, replicable problem with Display being turned-on when awakening from Sleep mode. The display is just shown in Device Mgr as a PNP Monitor device, which is pretty standard for laptops. HP lists no .inf file for the monitor. When awakening, I can easily get display on an external monitor, but the laptop's own diplay is simply off. No other issues showing.

Is there a Registry entry I can make to "turn on display when awakening" or something? I don't see any relevant power settings that would affect the right behavior. I've replicated the problem a dozen times with no misses, so it is very consistent.

thanks for a tip!
    C

cognus, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Speeding up the time to turn on the display after waking up on a laptop - Similar Threads - Speeding turn display

2. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  3. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  4. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  5. displays do not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    displays do not wake up after sleep: Hi I recently got a new pc running windows 11 with a amd radeon rx 6700 xt graphics card and msi pro z690-a ddr4 with intel i7-12700F I have 3 monitors monitor 1 and 2 are connected by display port. When my pc goes to standby and then wake ups again. The screens stays black....
  6. Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Displays Lock Screen After I Wake Up The Display: Hello. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. It displays the lock screen after I wake up the display. I want it to go right back to my desktop instead of the lock screen. Here are my power settings. As you can see, I've set "Turn off the display" to 10 minutes and...
  7. 9am, time to wake up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    9am, time to wake up: Hello there, Second desktop build with w10, second occurrence of this problem: when put to sleep the day prior, it wakes up by itself at 9 am every morning for several minutes then go back to sleep. This doesn't happen with the laptops. Why is that? And how to prevent it?...
  8. Wake up laptop

Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  9. Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode

Laptop takes a long time to turn on screen after waking up from sleep mode: As the title states, I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 that takes 5-6 seconds to turn on the screen after I open the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Usually I just put up with it, but it took an exceptionally long 15 seconds today. I thought this was typical Windows behavior...
  10. Monitor displays artifacts after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor displays artifacts after waking up: I'm not sure where the fault may be for this, but here goes. I have a Dell E7250 laptop connected to a standard Dell e-port docking station. My monitor is a Dell U2515H connected via DisplayPort. Anytime I am away from my desk long enough, my laptop goes into sleep/power...