Windows 10: Speeding up Windows 10 !

Discus and support Speeding up Windows 10 ! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would just like to say out of all the little tweeks and adjustments, this seems to have made a big impact ! Like most people I have tried most things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Speeding up Windows 10 !

I would just like to say out of all the little tweeks and adjustments, this seems to have made a big impact ! Like most people I have tried most things to "Speed up Windows 10". I have read so many web sites and tried so many things with very little responce or noticebly difference. This morning I went into System properties and it was set to "Best apperance" I changed it to "Best performance" which had a immediate effect. It was a little later on when I realised my Video files had no thumbnails and also I could not "Print screen". The price I had to pay for "speed up" I thought ! I overcome t

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Speeding up Windows 10 !

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

Speeding up Windows 10 !

1. Speeding up Windows 10 ! - Similar Threads - Speeding

2. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  4. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  5. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  6. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  8. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  9. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  10. Fan Speed

Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...