Windows 10: Speedtest Ap connection failure

Discus and support Speedtest Ap connection failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After downloading the Speedtest App from Microsoft today, it fails to connect to the Internet each time I try to run it. What am I missing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carter325, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Carter325 Win User

Speedtest Ap connection failure

After downloading the Speedtest App from Microsoft today, it fails to connect to the Internet each time I try to run it. What am I missing?

(Microsoft Edge running under Windows 10.)

Carter

:)

Carter325, Jan 26, 2019
  2. geoffers Win User

Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...

Hi dashbois - frustrating innit *Sad....
    From my research I reckon the issue is probably (possibly) only present with older APs which only support WPA-TKIP, which I understand was removed from Win8 and is not present in Win10.
    • What are you using as your home AP?
    • Is your AP currently set up using WPA as the connection protocol?
    • Does it have the option to use WPA2-AES? If so change the connection type on the AP: your Win10 PC should then be able to connect to it, but you'll have to re-connect your other devices as they'll have to re-negotiate their connection/passcodes.
    • If your AP doesn't have the option to select WPA2-AES, you can try using the less secure WEP protocol which Win10 still supports. This uses a string of hexadecimal characters as the passcode - so a 128-bit wep key would use a 13 character hex string (26 characters), something like "61446741743258293f77616b69". Again you'd have to set up your other devices to use the same string as their passcode.
    Hope this helps.....

geoffers, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Speedtest and OOKLA shows different speed results of Internet connection

Original title: Speedtest results

I'm in the boondocks with a broadband connection. The PC is windows 10. With Microsofts speedtest I show 3.3MBPS, while OOKLA shows .49MBPS. Whats up with that?

MikeMosier, Jan 26, 2019
  4. jamos316 Win User

speedtest vpn

what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds.
    i use a UK vpn to connect to streaming sites in the UK from Sweden like iplayer so I am very keen to insure that I am getting the best speed possible

jamos316, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Speedtest Ap connection failure - Similar Threads - Speedtest connection failure

2. photo ap

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo ap: Using photo app in Windows 10. App hangs as try to import photos from android phone- via usb cable(file transfer). It searches all 10,000+ photos have on phone - not just NEW ones). Thus I can not store photos on desktop computer. 1. Suggestions -( Microsoft says this is...
  3. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....
  4. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest: Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450...
  5. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure: I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've...
  6. older aps

older aps: how do I get older aps that I had on my old computer it was 8.1 ,I have 10 now *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-aps/99f1add6-e2fe-483d-b183-c9dfc38395b4
  7. Speedtest app by ookla

Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  8. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?: Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA? [img] Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But I have downloaded the app through the Windows Store and that seems to work fine. No ads so far! *Biggrin EDIT: It works...
  9. Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...

Connecting to older wireless APs - this may help...: This is probably teaching people to suck eggs, but may help clear things up for some readers... I was unable to connect to an older (backup) AP in Win10, but Win7 and my phone, tablet etc could connect no problem - these were connecting using WPA-TKIP, but MS now only...
  10. speedtest vpn

speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...