Windows 10: Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!?

Discus and support Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So ever since I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 fresh install I have noticed that using the Speedtest application from Speedtest for Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, May 14, 2019.

1. Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!?

So ever since I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 fresh install I have noticed that using the Speedtest application from Speedtest for Windows - Download Speedtest for Windows 7 and Windows 10
    This is my Windows 10 Speedtest result via the Speedtest application.

Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!? 0cb2279e-19eb-455e-8b0d-76bc4e3ddba0.png

And Windows 7 on my mums computer gives this result.

Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!? 647d8b1c-caa7-4777-b30a-95dec02f03cb.png

This is the example that I am showing under the exact same server. But actually regardless of what speedtest server I try the upload speed cannot climb any higher than 2.0Mbps.

I understand this upload speed result is probably fake and over-exaggerated. My router stat does show Data rate: 1183. So that can only be around 1.2Mbps realistically.

When using speedtest on the web browser such as google chrome the upload speed is different 1.02Mbps on average and is identical on both Win 10 and Windows 7/8.1.

The question is why under the Windows Speedtest application the results differ so much? I have tried different network drivers, reinstalling Windows 10 a few times. These sort of upload results tended to always be above 2.0+Mbps in Windows 7 and 8.1. In fact in Windows 10 the speedtest upload does burst into the 3+Mbps upload but it cannot maintain itself high enough and quickly drops but only partially rebounds to something like 1.86Mbps on average.
    On Windows 7/8.1 the opposite occurs upload speed starts off slowly at 1.0Mbps but climbs gradually to 2.65Mbps and sometimes even reaches 3.0Mbps even if the upload speed result is fake.
    Can someone explain why this is happening?

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, May 14, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 14, 2019
  3. Network Speed Test results significantly different from Okla SpeedTest

Running the Network Speed Test app on a Win 10 computer I consistently get results significantly different than the de facto tool Speedtest from Okla.

eg.

App
    Download (Mbps)
    Upload (Mbps)

MS Speedtest

Okla Speedtest

They both measure in Mega bits per second Mbps.

Any idea why the results are so different?

BernieMacNeil, May 14, 2019
  4. hellrazor Win User

Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!?

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!?

1. Speedtest app produces lower upload speeds in Windows 10 vs 8.1 & 7!? - Similar Threads - Speedtest app produces

2. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  3. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  4. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  6. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  7. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

8. Slower download speed on laptop vs upload speed despite using cat 7 cable; mobile phone on...

Slower download speed on laptop vs upload speed despite using cat 7 cable; mobile phone on...: I think the subject says it all! I get 100-110 Mbps on download but 300Mbps for uploads. I really can't understand what would cause a 3x difference. I have a new dell laptop, i7 / 16gb ram. I did the following: 1 bought a new Cat7 LAN cable as i realised Cat5 only allows up...
  9. Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8: Hi everyone. My max (100) volume on Windows 10 is about 40% of what it used to be on previous windows. I can barely hear anything on YouTube. I found about 5-6 topics on google discussing this, but none of the solutions worked. I've tried reinstalling the driver, tried...
  10. Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10: I'm a Mac person... What is the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10? I've learned that newer is not always better. Also, I believe Windows 7 or Windows 8 was considered a bomb, right? The content of this question is I am trying to figure out...