Windows 10: Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

Discus and support Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larc919, May 30, 2019.

1. larc919 Win User

Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure

I tried installing Speedtest for Windows on a friend's computer running Win 10. It seemed to install OK, but had only a black background when it opened. Nothing on it at all. I've searched, but can't find any mention of a similar problem. Anybody else experienced this? I've installed it on my computers with no problems.

:)

larc919, May 30, 2019

2. Help with OOKLA Speedtest App for windows Ten

Hello Microsoft Answer users

i have just installed the OOKLA Speedtest app for windows Ten and i did the first test then i wanted to choose a different Server but the Server List is empty. WHY?? i have reset the App Data i have uninstalled and reinstaleld the app but same problem

deanpepler, May 30, 2019
  3. Speedtest and OOKLA shows different speed results of Internet connection

Original title: Speedtest results

I'm in the boondocks with a broadband connection. The PC is windows 10. With Microsofts speedtest I show 3.3MBPS, while OOKLA shows .49MBPS. Whats up with that?

MikeMosier, May 30, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices.

Source: Ookla releases new Speedtest app for Windows 10 and Surface Hub

Microsoft Store link to product/download page

EdTittel, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Speedtest by Ookla for Windows install failure - Similar Threads - Speedtest Ookla install

2. Windows install failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install failure: Hello, i recently strted the reinstallation of windows 10 on my laptop pc the install stopped ag 36% for at least 10 hours so i went online and find a windows support message telling me to restart my pc 3 times to open the trpuble shoot mode however, this didn’t work and...
  3. Windows Installation Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Installation Failure: I have just built a new PC. All parts are working and I can get to the BIOS Screen. The problem I am running into is when I try to install windows 10 it doesn’t work. The problem is whenever it goes to restart the computer, it says an unexpected error occurred. It gives me no...
  4. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....
  5. Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest

Different results from Windows Network Speedtest and Ookla Speedtest: Suddenly, after relatively close agreement, I am getting wildly different results from the Windows Network Speedtest and the Ookla Speedtest (both app and browser version). Windows gives download speeds between 12.5 and 14.0 Mbps while Ookla gives results in excess of 450...
  6. Speedtest Ap connection failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest Ap connection failure: After downloading the Speedtest App from Microsoft today, it fails to connect to the Internet each time I try to run it. What am I missing? (Microsoft Edge running under Windows 10.) Carter...
  7. Speedtest app by ookla

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest app by ookla: I don't suppose many use it other than in browser mode but is anyone having trouble updating the speedtest app from the store? All other apps updating ok but this app is producing an error code when trying to initiate download. I think k it must be at their end because both...
  8. Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?

Thoughts on BETA Speedtest?: Hi all, just a thread to ask what are all your thoughts on the new Speedtest BETA? [img] Personally I actually can't get it to work yet... But I have downloaded the app through the Windows Store and that seems to work fine. No ads so far! *Biggrin EDIT: It works...
  9. speedtest vpn

speedtest vpn: what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds. i use...
  10. OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP)

in Windows 10 News
    OOKLA releases new Speedtest app (UWP): Just out on WinBeta, story about (and pointer to) a new Speedtest app for Windows. This one runs on the Universal Windows Platform, so it works on Mobile and PC devices. Speedtest for Windows Phone has been available for quite some time, but to test your internet speed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install AND RUN speedtest by ookla

2. speedtest not working win10