Windows 10: Speedtest issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Speedtest issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D3LL, Oct 4, 2019.

1. D3LL Win User

Speedtest issues on Windows 10

Looking for an answer to this..

I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10.

The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out. This is on both a wireless and wired connection on the windows 10 laptop.

I have checked the router for bandwidth management which is turned off. I have also run a netstat -a to look for strange/weird connections out of the laptop to which I've found none. I've also run a virus scan which hasn't found anything.

Both laptops are using the same 2.4Ghz wireless, but as I said this happens on a wired connection as well.

No windows updates are running and it's fully up to date version of Windows.

Help!?

:)

D3LL, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Speedtest issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Speedtest issues

2. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?: I have 300Mbps download speed being supplied to by Notebook PC via ethernet cable, I personally observed the ethernet cable speedtest done by my provider and it was 301Mbps download and 25Mbps upload which is what I am paying for. I have run multiple speedtest using various...
  3. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?: I have 300Mbps download speed being supplied to by Notebook PC via ethernet cable, I personally observed the ethernet cable speedtest done by my provider and it was 301Mbps download and 25Mbps upload which is what I am paying for. I have run multiple speedtest using various...
  4. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  6. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  7. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WIndows 10 pc1000mbps speedtest slower from INdia to usa thank in android

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 pc1000mbps speedtest slower from INdia to usa thank in android: left is from android phone on wifi 5ghz connection 866MbpsRight is the Surface 7 connected to dock 1000Mbps . Tried this with another pc at home through 1000Mbps Lanwire plus SUrface 5ghz wifi connection at 866Mbps. similar resultsSpeedtest from local server Speedtest From...
  9. Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.: Hi, When I run a speedtest by OOKLA on my computer its a low reading, but when i run the same test on my iphone i get the maximum that my ISP provides, is there something slowing it down on my PC? I'm running Win 10 with Vir**nme**a my ISP...
  10. Audio issues when doing Speedtest in Win 10 Pro x64 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues when doing Speedtest in Win 10 Pro x64 1809: Hello, After last update I'm experienced audio issues on my Latitude laptop (i54300M,4gb of RAM, 256gb SSD) running win 10 pro x64, 1809 update. Don't know the cause but everytime I'm running a speedtest, no matter is from Chrom, IE, or Microsoft app, I'm having some...