Windows 10: speedtest vpn

Discus and support speedtest vpn in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamos316, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jamos316 Win User

speedtest vpn

what is the best way to do a speedtest on vpn. at the moment i am using speedtest.net but after finding this reading this article https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/10562/t...s-an-overview/ it suggests that speedtest.net gives very inaccurate results when testing vpn speeds.
    i use a UK vpn to connect to streaming sites in the UK from Sweden like iplayer so I am very keen to insure that I am getting the best speed possible

:)

jamos316, Nov 2, 2014
  2. jwr7 Win User

Speedtest and OOKLA shows different speed results of Internet connection

With Microsoft's Speedtest I get download speed of 140 MBPS. With the web based Speedtest I get 400 MBPS. This is constant and is the same even when I change Speedtest servers, which I have done many times.

jwr7, Nov 2, 2014
  3. Scheister Win User
    Microsoft Network Speed Test app reports incorrect results when tested behind a proxy

I have been searching this community trying to find out why every time I run speedtest.net it never drops below 90Mbps yet the Network Speed Test app keeps capping iteself at either 20Mbps or 10Mbps. Every single person who brings this up is told their
    network service provider is not giving them the data they signed up for.. I am in awe at this point.

You answered my question though. When I am on my VPN it just caps itself to either 10 or 20, even though Speedtest is showing 90. When I turn my VPN off the normal speeds return to Network Speed Test.

Scheister, Nov 2, 2014
Thema:

speedtest vpn

1. speedtest vpn - Similar Threads - speedtest vpn

2. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?: I have 300Mbps download speed being supplied to by Notebook PC via ethernet cable, I personally observed the ethernet cable speedtest done by my provider and it was 301Mbps download and 25Mbps upload which is what I am paying for. I have run multiple speedtest using various...
  3. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?: I have 300Mbps download speed being supplied to by Notebook PC via ethernet cable, I personally observed the ethernet cable speedtest done by my provider and it was 301Mbps download and 25Mbps upload which is what I am paying for. I have run multiple speedtest using various...
  4. why does download speed on speedtest not match download speed supplied to pc by ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  6. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speedtest slows down my entire pc: when i run speedtest through the browser and the app,my entire pc slow down and my mouse pointer moves very slowand when i run speedtest while running any other app that has sound ,the sound glitches/stutters .why?my pc specs:i7 4600Ugpu :nvidia gefore GT 720m8gb ram500gb hdd...
  7. Speedtest slows down my entire pc

8. WIndows 10 pc1000mbps speedtest slower from INdia to usa thank in android

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 pc1000mbps speedtest slower from INdia to usa thank in android: left is from android phone on wifi 5ghz connection 866MbpsRight is the Surface 7 connected to dock 1000Mbps . Tried this with another pc at home through 1000Mbps Lanwire plus SUrface 5ghz wifi connection at 866Mbps. similar resultsSpeedtest from local server Speedtest From...
  9. Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Windows 10 slowing my Speedtest dow?.: Hi, When I run a speedtest by OOKLA on my computer its a low reading, but when i run the same test on my iphone i get the maximum that my ISP provides, is there something slowing it down on my PC? I'm running Win 10 with Vir**nme**a my ISP...
  10. Speedtest issues on Windows 10

Speedtest issues on Windows 10: Looking for an answer to this.. I have 2 laptops on the same connection 100/100. One is Windows 7 the other Windows 10. The Windows 7 laptop sits next to the 10 laptop which gets 90/90 up and down. The 10 laptop only gets 10 down and 40 up ish. I can sus this out....