Windows 10: Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

Discus and support Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to type CNA and spell check always changes it to CAN??? Even when I go backward to correct, it corrects it again????? I', working in EXCEL in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SongofSarah, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

I want to type CNA and spell check always changes it to CAN??? Even when I go backward to correct, it corrects it again????? I', working in EXCEL in Mircrosoft Office 365. Thanks for help.

:)

SongofSarah, Dec 27, 2018
  2. ScottoW Win User

delete words from spell check dictionary Windows 10 Mobile

I added a word to the spell check dictionary by mistake on my L950XL. my question is, how do I delete it from the dictionary? it keeps showing up as a suggested word in the texting app and other places. can I get rid of it short of doing a hard reset?

ScottoW, Dec 27, 2018
  3. 6230i can't spell British English words ending "-ize"

ize is only preferred if your country of origin happens to be the USA, (Unable to Spell in America)Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word?? :), as the OED lists each ize entry as an alternate spelling for the US.

As British European English users, there is no need to have ize listed in the dictionary unless the word is actually required to have this spelling variation.

schtooo---01, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

1. Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word?? - Similar Threads - Spell check dictionary

2. add spell check

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add spell check: how do i add features to word pad, specifically spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-spell-check/0003092d-3420-42ad-8b78-03d15b15fbdc
  3. Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent: I'm proofing a document that was scanned & OCR'd. When I click 'ignore all' on a name it appears to work properly-but after a dozen pages or so I notice that the name is again marked as misspelled. The earlier occurrences are still ignored-and to all appearances the name is...
  4. Word Pad Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Pad Spell Check: Why is there no spell check on Word Pad? It should be the most important feature on any document app??? 161836
  5. Word Pad in Windows -- where is the spell check?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word Pad in Windows -- where is the spell check?: Where is spell check? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-pad-in-windows-where-is-the-spell-check/03d68595-6324-4957-a624-ff8fc78a9e91
  6. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b
  7. Spell check dictionary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell check dictionary: How does one remove a spell check word in the Dictionary? It might be incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-dictionary/f9abd7bd-d0f0-4fb4-853f-31e1fda1bd9e"
  8. Dictionary in Word?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Dictionary in Word?: Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar...
  9. How to get Windows 10 to spell check uppercase words.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows 10 to spell check uppercase words.: I noticed after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that the (native?) spell checker no longer checks uppercase words. I understand that I can use Word or some other Office/productivity product to accomplish this task, but I was wondering if anyone knows to get this...
  10. Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Add or Remove Words in Spell Checking Dictionary in Windows 10 Windows 8 and 10 includes a spell checking feature for when you type words anywhere in Windows. Dictionary Files: The...