Windows 10: Spell Check in French

Discus and support Spell Check in French in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have activated the possibility of adding accents to capital letters. Unfortunately, the spellcheck of Microsoft Office 2019 does not perform in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bucovina, May 3, 2019.

1. Bucovina Win User

Spell Check in French

I have activated the possibility of adding accents to capital letters. Unfortunately, the spellcheck of Microsoft Office 2019 does not perform in the manner the 2010 version did. It no longer shows me when an accent is missing, particularly at the beginning of a phrase... How can this be fixed ?

:)

Bucovina, May 3, 2019

2. French spelling

Is there anyone who can help me to solve the problem that I have with basic typing in French.

I have downloaded the language pack for French, Australian and United States successfully it seams but I have a problem when writing e-mail in French. I normally witch between English to French when I write in French before writing an e-mail. The spelling
    check doesn't work. it always refer me back to the language preferences page to fix the problem.

Under Action Centre in notification the massage reads as follow, something happened, we could not... then I click on the message and that sends me onto a page called Manage Optional Features. I do whatever I can there and nothing seams to fix the problem
    for French spelling in e-mail. Although the English spelling works well.

In language options, under basic typing (12MB) download failed continuously, I can't make it work. The same in English happens with the same message.

I hope I made myself clear there, thank everyone.

FrancoisJulien, May 3, 2019
  3. French spelling

Hi Francois,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

To confirm, have you turned on the Spell check option on your computer? Follow these steps and check.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on
      Devices.
    • Click on Typing and turn on the following options.
    Autocorrect misspelled words.

Highlight misspelled words.

Run a SFC scan and try to download the Basic Typing pack.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 3, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Spell Check in French

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Spell Check in French

1. Spell Check in French - Similar Threads - Spell Check French

2. Simultaneous spell checking in both French and English in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simultaneous spell checking in both French and English in Windows 10: Hello, since I got a new computer with Windows 10. my software Chrome, Word, etc. will not spell check simultaneously in both English and French it used to in Windows 7. I have uploaded both languages. Can anyone help me?...
  3. Simultaneous spell checking in both French and English in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simultaneous spell checking in both French and English in Windows 10: Hello, since I got a new computer with Windows 10. my software Chrome, Word, etc. will not spell check simultaneously in both English and French it used to in Windows 7. I have uploaded both languages. Can anyone help me?...
  4. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  5. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check: Spell Check does not work in my Gmail,in web browser. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers. Note,Spell Check DOES work on this Microsoft Community forum! Thanks, A.W....
  6. Spell Check

Spell Check: Hello, My Spell Check is not working on Windows 10. I need help,please step by step details,please,as I am not good with computers. Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/5d67117c-2067-4e12-acf7-edf6a9552006
  7. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  8. Spell Check

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spell Check: For Wordpad and Notepad on Windows 10, is there a good spell checker to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/638b0279-f8fa-4180-ae28-e2d1f58d11c1"
  9. spell check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spell check: Do I have to pay for spell check? I can't even open a word document without it saying it has to close. It says some features are disabled. then tells me to repair or close and it still closes and I can't ever use it I just use word pad and I am a bad speller. I thought it was...
  10. spell check

spell check: I went to documents , word pad and cant find spell check. a ideas? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/ad261a61-5836-4e22-a9fe-0d92381deb53

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsfot office spell check in french and not english