Windows 10: Spell check not working in reply.

Discus and support Spell check not working in reply. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903. When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by woldsweather, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Spell check not working in reply.

Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903.

When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work comes up with signatures.

Now the perceived wisdom seems to be that you edit signatures and put -- above the signature and when replying type above the --. I find this doesn't work.

If you use review then yes the spell checker works but I would quiet like the right click method to work.

Any ideas?

(Have had this problem for 10 years).

:)

woldsweather, Aug 2, 2020

2. Spell Check not working

We would like to know more about the issue. Kindly let us know when you've started to encounter the issue and the changes made prior to this concern.

Meanwhile, you may check the spell check add-ons on Internet Explorer if it is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the upper right side of the screen, click the gear icon

Spell check not working in reply. 1a61d0c1-9bee-44ad-b37b-9c7581027e87.png
    • Select Manage add-ons.

Spell check not working in reply. 1c2a15dc-3213-48ea-be1a-f58e77f737ab.png

• Under Add-on Types, click Spelling Correction.

Spell check not working in reply. 14326f86-372f-4c62-9ba0-c159b90ab702.png

• Place a check mark under Enable spelling correction.
    If the Spelling Correction add-on is not available on the options, we suggest that you post your query on our
    Windows Feedback hub so our engineers will be aware about this issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and then press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Spell check is not working on Twitter.

Hi Marie,

Windows should make necessary auto-correction if the Autocorrect misspelled words option in the Settings app is enabled. A built-in restriction on the website you are using could be a possible cause why the spell check is not working on it. For us to provide
    an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even when accessing the website using other web browsers, or is the issue isolated to a specific browser?
    • Is the spell check working before on the website you are using? If yes, what changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue on other websites?

To check if the issue is not with the built-in spell checker on your Windows 10, we suggest testing it on any Office application. Let us know if the spell check is also not working with the Office apps.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Spell check not working in reply.

Spell Check Not Working After Latest Update

Hi Katie,

It is possible that Spell Checker does not recognize misspelled words after update due to another language is set as default or The
    Do not check spelling or grammar check box is selected. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know if you've tried checking the Word settings.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these methods below about troubleshooting Spell Checker:

Method 1: Enable Check Spelling as you type.

• Click the File tab, and then click Options.
    • In the Word Options dialog box, click Proofing.
    • Make sure that the Check spelling as you type check box is selected in the
      When correcting spelling and grammar in Word section.
    • Make sure that all check boxes are cleared in the Exception for section.
    • Click OK.

Method 2: Select language and clear Do not check spelling or grammar.

• Select the entire contents of the document.
    • On the Review tab, click Language in the
      Language group, and then click Set Proofing Language.
    • In the Language dialog box, select the language that you want.
    • If the Do not check spelling or grammar check box is selected, click to clear the check box.
    • Click OK.

Note: If this method fixes the problem, repeat steps 1 through 3 to reopen to the
    Language dialog box, and then click Set As Default.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Spell check not working in reply.

1. Spell check not working in reply. - Similar Threads - Spell check working

2. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  3. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  6. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  7. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  8. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  9. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  10. Spell Check Enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Check Enabled but not working: Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there...