Windows 10: Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge

Discus and support Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I think I've got all correct options turned on for Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.134 to perform spell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sba923, Dec 10, 2018.

1. sba923 Win User

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge

Hi,

I think I've got all correct options turned on for Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.134 to perform spell checking on text entered in web forms:

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge 61972fd3-89ae-4be1-9098-14504ae4078a?upload=true.png

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge 6f940be5-885f-4a09-b23b-17c244a1e328?upload=true.png

But neither IE nor Edge do perform proper spell checking on my inputs.

For instance, if I use the test form at http://www.jkorpela.fi/forms/testing.html, select English as the input language and enter "démonstration, langue" -- valid French words, not valid English words -- in the form, I don't get red squiggles showing the errors. However, if I enter garbage like "dzdz" or an incomplete English word like "demonstratio" I do get the squiggles.

Any clue?

:)

sba923, Dec 10, 2018

2. Internet Explorer spelling check no longer working in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you in getting the Internet Explorer spell check add-on back, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and follow the steps suggested by PatMcAlister and
    Vijay B
    about restoring computer to an earlier time and checking if Internet Explorer spell check add-on is enabled.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Spell check is not working on Twitter.

Spell check works with Twitter website on Chrome and MS Internet Explorer.

But doesn't work with MS Edge.

TimothyAlbers, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge

Spell Check not working

We would like to know more about the issue. Kindly let us know when you've started to encounter the issue and the changes made prior to this concern.

Meanwhile, you may check the spell check add-ons on Internet Explorer if it is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • On the upper right side of the screen, click the gear icon

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge 1a61d0c1-9bee-44ad-b37b-9c7581027e87.png
    • Select Manage add-ons.

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge 1c2a15dc-3213-48ea-be1a-f58e77f737ab.png

• Under Add-on Types, click Spelling Correction.

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge 14326f86-372f-4c62-9ba0-c159b90ab702.png

• Place a check mark under Enable spelling correction.
    If the Spelling Correction add-on is not available on the options, we suggest that you post your query on our
    Windows Feedback hub so our engineers will be aware about this issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Windows Feedback in the search bar.
    • Type some keywords from your issue in the box marked Search for feedback, and then press
      Enter.
    • If you find your issue, upvote it. If you don't find it, select Add new feedback, then fill out the form.
    Regards.

Monica Cam, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge

1. Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge - Similar Threads - Spell checking doesn't

2. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  3. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  6. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  7. Spell check not working in reply.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spell check not working in reply.: Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903. When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work comes up with signatures. Now the perceived wisdom seems to be that you edit signatures and put -- above the signature and...
  8. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  9. Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??: For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge would be nice.*Huh TIA 6929
  10. Spell Check Enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Check Enabled but not working: Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. doesnt edge have spell checking

2. windows spell check doesnt work in windows edge

3. edge doesnt check spell

4. IE spellcheck does not work,
  5. internet explorer spellcheck windows 10,
  6. spelling shed not working on internet explorer,
  7. edge and internet explorer spell check,
  8. microsoft spell checking in edge browser doesnt work at all