Windows 10: Spellcheck doesn't work

Discus and support Spellcheck doesn't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've developed a very strange problem. My spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fred22, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Spellcheck doesn't work

I've developed a very strange problem. My spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch. liphggtrb. What I just wrote was not redlined...same everywhere. Any ideas?

:)

Fred22, Aug 25, 2017

2. Spellcheck & auto corection not working

I'm on basic word , facebook , newspaper comments - spellcheck doesn't work on any application. As on thiss post as emphasised by deliberate misspelling of this previously.

RogerCarter1, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    Spellchecker doesnt work

Original Title: Spellchecker

I have had spellchecker on my quick access toolbar for some time and it has worked well. Recently I have been writing in Welsh and English changing the language setting as appropriate. I know there is no Welsh spellchecker but when I go back to English
    the spellcheck appears not to work giving the 'complete' message when clearly there are errors in the text. Help please!

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Aug 25, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Spellcheck doesn't work

I've no immediate answer but I do think we need to know the browser you are using as I believe the spellchecker is integrated into that, at least for typing into web pages.

OpenOffice could be unrelated... there were historical issues on that.

Mooly, Aug 25, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Aug 25, 2017
  7. Fred22 Win User
    I'm using Chrome. How do I find the option to turn spellcheck on and off?

Fred22, Aug 26, 2017
  8. Duyenhip Win User

Spellcheck doesn't work

Do you mean Chrome spell checker does not correct errors, or that it does not work as well as you like it to?
    What version of Chrome are you using? A better spell checker is coming.

Duyenhip, Aug 26, 2017
  9. Mooly Win User
  10. Fred22 Win User
    The spellchecker doesn't work at all as I stated in my original post my spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch this: 7y6654tghj. The nonsense I just posted didn't get redlined. No matter where I am spellcheck does not work. Where do I find the option for turning on and off spellcheck in Chrome (recently downloaded so I assume latest version.) Thanks for your replies and I hope we can get this issue resolved.

Fred22, Aug 27, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Spellcheck doesn't work

1. Spellcheck doesn't work - Similar Threads - Spellcheck doesn't

2. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  3. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  4. For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...

For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often...: For the past 3 or so months the "spellchecker" has been giving, strange, wrong, and often completely ludicrous suggestions see below. This happens across all platforms, except gmail. If this is AI "powered," please switch it back to human powered! Could you please fix it...
  5. Why doesn't spellcheck for saved words in %appdata%\Microsoft\Spelling\sv-SE\default.dic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't spellcheck for saved words in %appdata%\Microsoft\Spelling\sv-SE\default.dic...: In Windows 10 and Windows 11, the preferred language is set to Swedish. For our application, we use the following code: TextBox.SpellCheck.CustomDictionaries.Addnew Uri"C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Spelling/sv-SE/default.dic"; to add a custom dictionary. Our...
  6. Why doesn't spellcheck for saved words in %appdata%\Microsoft\Spelling\sv-SE\default.dic...

Why doesn't spellcheck for saved words in %appdata%\Microsoft\Spelling\sv-SE\default.dic...: In Windows 10 and Windows 11, the preferred language is set to Swedish. For our application, we use the following code: TextBox.SpellCheck.CustomDictionaries.Addnew Uri"C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Spelling/sv-SE/default.dic"; to add a custom dictionary. Our...
  7. Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spellcheck on Edge broke, doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites...: I was writing an email today in Gmail and changed my spellcheck language for a minute, then I switched it back to English and it appears to have broken it. It doesn't offer wrongly spelled word suggestions on some sites like Google search while on others does not work anymore...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages: Hi. I'm trying to set up spellcheck and input methods for extra languages. Seems like spellcheck is not supported for extra languages, which is weird, I could swear that used to work in the past. Any hints will be appreciated.[ATTACH]...
  9. [WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language: [ATTACH] So, I use both English and Portuguese in my Windows 10 but WhatsApp doesn't seem to recognize it. WhatsApp example Language panel Turning these option off still makes WhatsApp show the highlight submitted by /u/Hidwardo [link] [comments]...
  10. Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.: As above, gone into Settings/devices/typing/spelling, and there set to 'highlight misspelled words'. Trouble is, it doesn't do it, not anywhere. Anyone know why? 21148