Windows 10: Spellchecker has stopped working.

Discus and support Spellchecker has stopped working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the April update of Microsoft 10 my spellcheck won't work on anything but Microoft Office. I go into my setting, language etc and there is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alicat63, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Alicat63 Win User

Spellchecker has stopped working.

Since the April update of Microsoft 10 my spellcheck won't work on anything but Microoft Office. I go into my setting, language etc and there is an option to turn the spellcheck on or off but it is greyed out.
    I am not great typist and when trying to type quickly mistakes alwayd occur but I can no longer glance along a line for the tell-tail red underlined word or two and end up sending messages of Facebook posts with typos in them.

Can anyone help please?

:)

Alicat63, Sep 23, 2018

2. Spell checker has just stopped working and when i check IE add ons there is no listing of spellchecker.

Original Title - IE11 and spell checker

spell checker has just stopped working and when i check IE add ons there is no listing of spellchecker. why is this and how do i get one.

DavidMonkhouse, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    SPELLCHECK

My Spellcheck appears to have stopped working. II have checked via File-Options-Proofing etc and these are properly set. Help please

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Ray.TJ Win User

Spellchecker doesnt work

Original Title: Spellchecker

I have had spellchecker on my quick access toolbar for some time and it has worked well. Recently I have been writing in Welsh and English changing the language setting as appropriate. I know there is no Welsh spellchecker but when I go back to English
    the spellcheck appears not to work giving the 'complete' message when clearly there are errors in the text. Help please!

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Spellchecker has stopped working. - Similar Threads - Spellchecker has stopped

2. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  3. Bluetooth has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has stopped working.: I used my wireless bluetooth earbuds before turning my laptop off.After turning it on again, bluetooth couldn't be turned on again. In device manager I got error 43. I restarted my laptop, turned it on and off again, tried updating the drivers and after that didn't work i...
  4. fifawc.exe has stopped working ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fifawc.exe has stopped working ?: hello there is something I wonder fifa world cup 2002 game system running windows xp Why does this game not work on windows 10? fifawc.exe has stopped working ? windows is checking for a solution to the problem...
  5. I can't get spellchecker to work

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't get spellchecker to work: Hi all, now for my second query. On windows 10 the spell checker is not working. I've checked settings and it is switched on. Is it a Google Chrome setting problem? It used to work OK on Windows 7 on my old laptop.... *Confused 121230
  6. No Spellcheck in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Spellcheck in Wordpad?: Is there a way to enable spellcheck in Windows WordPad? If there is, I can't find it. I just finished writing a long narrative, which had a few typos in it. Spellcheck would have been handy. *Sad 73533
  7. office spellchecker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office spellchecker: Hi the other day in my office 365 (insider last bulid) i see a rigth panel who have a list of how many errors i have in my document 100 ortographic 100 stile and grammar 100 inclusive languaje I like to see that list but i dont know how to show it. I does not have a...
  8. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...
  9. Spellcheck doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellcheck doesn't work: I've developed a very strange problem. My spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch. liphggtrb. What I just wrote was not redlined...same everywhere. Any ideas? 92173
  10. Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.: As above, gone into Settings/devices/typing/spelling, and there set to 'highlight misspelled words'. Trouble is, it doesn't do it, not anywhere. Anyone know why? 21148