Windows 10: Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

Discus and support Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As above, gone into Settings/devices/typing/spelling, and there set to 'highlight misspelled words'. Trouble is, it doesn't do it, not anywhere. Anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by numpty, Sep 3, 2015.

1. numpty Win User

Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

As above, gone into Settings/devices/typing/spelling, and there set to 'highlight misspelled words'. Trouble is, it doesn't do it, not anywhere. Anyone know why?

:)

numpty, Sep 3, 2015

2. Spellcheck & auto corection not working

I'm on basic word , facebook , newspaper comments - spellcheck doesn't work on any application. As on thiss post as emphasised by deliberate misspelling of this previously.

RogerCarter1, Sep 3, 2015
  3. stfark Win User
    SPELLCHECK2

I had asked a question previously about how to restore spellcheck in outlook .com, using win 10. The answers I received related to spellcheck being invoked with a switch in lower levels of use and being active automatically in higher levels of windows
    or browser use. None of the responses answered the question! I still do not know how to restore spellcheck in a "higher" level product use of outlook.com and spellcheck! As I stated previously, I am using the higher level product where spellcheck is automatically
    involved with a "squiggly" line for correction but all of a sudden has disappeared. I suspect the outlook.com system got corrupted or?? not sure. Any help would be appreciated on how to restore. Sid Kraft

stfark, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work.

1. Spellchecker switched to on...but doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Spellchecker switched doesn't

2. Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work: Switch the Desktop and press the space button to resume the mp3 player when I was doing the meeting minutes, the sound was gone. Someone on the internet said the problem is due to the incompetence of the UI developer, but is there any way to fix this problem? I don't want to...
  3. Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch Desktop and sound doesn't work: Switch the Desktop and press the space button to resume the mp3 player when I was doing the meeting minutes, the sound was gone. Someone on the internet said the problem is due to the incompetence of the UI developer, but is there any way to fix this problem? I don't want to...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages: Hi. I'm trying to set up spellcheck and input methods for extra languages. Seems like spellcheck is not supported for extra languages, which is weird, I could swear that used to work in the past. Any hints will be appreciated.[ATTACH]...
  5. [WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language: [ATTACH] So, I use both English and Portuguese in my Windows 10 but WhatsApp doesn't seem to recognize it. WhatsApp example Language panel Turning these option off still makes WhatsApp show the highlight submitted by /u/Hidwardo [link] [comments]...
  6. I can't get spellchecker to work

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't get spellchecker to work: Hi all, now for my second query. On windows 10 the spell checker is not working. I've checked settings and it is switched on. Is it a Google Chrome setting problem? It used to work OK on Windows 7 on my old laptop.... *Confused 121230
  7. Spellchecker has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spellchecker has stopped working.: Since the April update of Microsoft 10 my spellcheck won't work on anything but Microoft Office. I go into my setting, language etc and there is an option to turn the spellcheck on or off but it is greyed out. I am not great typist and when trying to type quickly mistakes...
  8. office spellchecker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office spellchecker: Hi the other day in my office 365 (insider last bulid) i see a rigth panel who have a list of how many errors i have in my document 100 ortographic 100 stile and grammar 100 inclusive languaje I like to see that list but i dont know how to show it. I does not have a...
  9. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...
  10. Spellcheck doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Spellcheck doesn't work: I've developed a very strange problem. My spellcheck does not work no matter where I'm writing...Facebook, OpenOffice, here on this forum. Watch. liphggtrb. What I just wrote was not redlined...same everywhere. Any ideas? 92173