Windows 10: Spellchecking wrong language

Discus and support Spellchecking wrong language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to use English as the default language for Windows and get it to spellcheck both Spanish and English but even getting Spanish as my default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Erick Eduardo López Nava, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Spellchecking wrong language

I'm trying to use English as the default language for Windows and get it to spellcheck both Spanish and English but even getting Spanish as my default language Windows is not spellchecking my Spanish typing

:)

Erick Eduardo López Nava, Jan 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jan 24, 2021
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Jan 24, 2021
  4. stfark Win User

Spellchecking wrong language

Spellcheck

Using Outlook.com with Windows 10. Normally, spellcheck is automatically involved, when a word is spelled wrong, it is highlighted in red and one can correct the word by "clicking" on it. However, spellcheck does not work anymore, I assume, it has been
    corrupted or? How does one restore?

stfark, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Spellchecking wrong language

1. Spellchecking wrong language - Similar Threads - Spellchecking wrong language

2. Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't support spellcheck for extra languages: Hi. I'm trying to set up spellcheck and input methods for extra languages. Seems like spellcheck is not supported for extra languages, which is weird, I could swear that used to work in the past. Any hints will be appreciated.[ATTACH]...
  3. In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In Office, when spellchecking, how to ignore all languages that are not in the proofing...: Basically I want Word, PowerPoint and Excel to ignore all languages that are not (installed) in the proofing list (in options), when I perform a spellcheck, otherwise it checks every word in the different languages, naturally, even if they're spelled correctly. I have two...
  4. Edge in wrong Language

Edge in wrong Language: I am updating Edge on my work PC and for whatever reason its installing to a non-English language. I have tried the settings in edge to change the display language but English is not a option either USA or UK. The PC itself is set to English. All other apps use English. It...
  5. [WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language

[WHATSAPP/SPELLCHECK] WhatsApp doesn't spellcheck more than 1 language: [ATTACH] So, I use both English and Portuguese in my Windows 10 but WhatsApp doesn't seem to recognize it. WhatsApp example Language panel Turning these option off still makes WhatsApp show the highlight submitted by /u/Hidwardo [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  7. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  8. Computer in wrong language

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer in wrong language: Just changed my computer to display a different language and cannot change it back to English. Can anyone tell me how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-in-wrong-language/1ae37acc-7e8b-4d74-80e1-1dc3321d5920
  9. Wrong language on errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wrong language on errors: If I get an error message (or blue screen, not responding, etc), it displays on the original language of the system, even though I removed the entire language pack after originally upgrading to Windows 10 (didn't happen before the most recent update). How do I fix this, so...
  10. spellchecker

in Windows 10 Support
    spellchecker: I was just posting on another forum using W10hp on my laptop and the name of the South American country of Uraguay got underlined (it is underlined as I type this). I immediately googled Uraguay to confirm that I had spelt it correctly. Not a very good result for...