Windows 10: Spelling concerns

Discus and support Spelling concerns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI there. Don't know in what section to post this, under maintenance or apps: In the language & regional I have set up four languages that I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gallicbear, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Spelling concerns

HI there. Don't know in what section to post this, under maintenance or apps: In the language & regional I have set up four languages that I use regularly. Then, when I use the Mail app, even if the text In type is set up as -let's say- French, Windows 10 still corrects and rewrites words that may look similar. What can I do? In the mail app I do not see a function to stop the automatic spell corrector. Thanks in advance.

:)

gallicbear, Sep 12, 2015

2. Spell Check stopped in - Windows 10

Cumulative update that applied this morning has, thankfully, now fixed the issue and spell checking is functioning in IE. Notepad is not working (always off) and the modern Mail app is still ignoring the sliders (always on) - but at least IE now has
    a functioning spell checker - which was my major concern.

David Smith, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Jeff_167 Win User
    Is it safe now to use ccleaner?

I'm a bit concerned when a 'CEO' can't spell Security Breach properly. That just put me off CCleaner for life.

Jeff_167, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Spelling concerns

1. Spelling concerns - Similar Threads - Spelling concerns

2. Impossible to disable Spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disable Spell check: I am really going crazy with this. Why is there not a simple option to disable the spell checking in my mail program in windows 10. It messes all my writing when I change languages,spanish,catalan,german, I want to decide what i write and NOT Windows. Unbelievable that...
  3. Spell Check is not working as expected

Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  4. hi can you please help with turning on spell check in windows 10 with my gmail account

hi can you please help with turning on spell check in windows 10 with my gmail account: hi can you please help with turning on spell check in windows 10 with my gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-can-you-please-help-with-turning-on-spell-check/d20d7a41-4f07-4e53-9c49-d92a0dca79c2
  5. Spell check dictionary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell check dictionary: How does one remove a spell check word in the Dictionary? It might be incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-dictionary/f9abd7bd-d0f0-4fb4-853f-31e1fda1bd9e"
  6. SPELL CHECKER DOESN'T WORK

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SPELL CHECKER DOESN'T WORK: I'm having a problem with my MS word's spelling checker. It doesn't check incorrect spelling as I type. I tried several times to change settings from the proofing tab. Whenever I unchecked "hide the spelling errors for this document or all documents, and click OK, and...
  7. Spell Check

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spell Check: For Wordpad and Notepad on Windows 10, is there a good spell checker to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/638b0279-f8fa-4180-ae28-e2d1f58d11c1"
  8. spell check problem

spell check problem: Is there a way to spell check on word pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-problem/f0fded0b-9dbd-4fbb-b8b1-ce5c77448cbc
  9. Word does not check my spelling errrors! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word does not check my spelling errrors! Please Help!: I have tried various solutions, but none of them work. Many of them have suggested checking if my check spelling error box is not ticked. When I tried to do so, I cannot check it. It seems to be disabled[ATTACH]...
  10. Spelling check on/off when I choose, not automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Spelling check on/off when I choose, not automatically: How do I get Word to show red wiggly lines when I tell it "Now check the spelling", and how do I turn them off again when I have checked this? I do NOT want automatic ANYTHING to occur. Tutorials all seem to be about turning on auto-checking. I am a proof-reader. I am not...