Windows 10: Spelling concerns

Discus and support Spelling concerns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI there. Don't know in what section to post this, under maintenance or apps: In the language & regional I have set up four languages that I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gallicbear, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Spelling concerns

HI there. Don't know in what section to post this, under maintenance or apps: In the language & regional I have set up four languages that I use regularly. Then, when I use the Mail app, even if the text In type is set up as -let's say- French, Windows 10 still corrects and rewrites words that may look similar. What can I do? In the mail app I do not see a function to stop the automatic spell corrector. Thanks in advance.

:)

gallicbear, Sep 12, 2015

2. Spell Check stopped in - Windows 10

Cumulative update that applied this morning has, thankfully, now fixed the issue and spell checking is functioning in IE. Notepad is not working (always off) and the modern Mail app is still ignoring the sliders (always on) - but at least IE now has
    a functioning spell checker - which was my major concern.

David Smith, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Jeff_167 Win User
    Is it safe now to use ccleaner?

I'm a bit concerned when a 'CEO' can't spell Security Breach properly. That just put me off CCleaner for life.

Jeff_167, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Spelling concerns

1. Spelling concerns - Similar Threads - Spelling concerns

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  4. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  5. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  6. The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.: The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works. It got broken several month ago. Also, why use a left click to bring it up when every else uses a right click?!...
  7. The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.

The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.: The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works. It got broken several month ago. Also, why use a left click to bring it up when every else uses a right click?!...
  8. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  9. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  10. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...