Windows 10: Spelling options

Discus and support Spelling options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes when I make a really bad spelling mistake one of the options that comes up on a right click is "talk it out loud" or "speak it "and if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Oct 18, 2018.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Spelling options

Sometimes when I make a really bad spelling mistake one of the options that comes up on a right click is "talk it out loud" or "speak it "and if you accidentally hit that option it will go on to read out everything on that page or open email screen.

How can I stop it doing that?? without losing spellcheck please.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Oct 18, 2018

2. No spelling check options while sending the emails

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you using Mail App or Web app for accessing the mails?
    • Previously were you able to set it up for the Spelling check?
    If you are using the Mail App, there is no option to set the spelling check. But when you are sending a New Mail you have an option to check the spelling.

• Click on +New Mail. Type the content.
    • Above you may click for the Spelling check and check if you are able to use the option.
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 18, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

4. Dyan Rey Win User

Spelling options

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Spelling options

1. Spelling options - Similar Threads - Spelling options

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  4. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  5. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  6. The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.: The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works. It got broken several month ago. Also, why use a left click to bring it up when every else uses a right click?!...
  7. The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.

The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works.: The spell checker in Windows New Outlook no longer works. It got broken several month ago. Also, why use a left click to bring it up when every else uses a right click?!...
  8. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  9. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  10. Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spelling Correction Suggestions...: Hello,I have found on multiple occasions that Windows 11 suggestions for spelling corrections are very distant from the word I am spelling wrong. Today I spelled available wrong, i.e., availble, but the suggestions were....AvailablyAvailedViableNo mention of the usage...