Windows 10: Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason

Discus and support Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is unreal I have a WINDOWS ISSUE... contact windows "tech support" spend 2 hours trying to figure out what's wrong guy leaves without even letting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TysonWoodbury, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason

This is unreal I have a WINDOWS ISSUE... contact windows "tech support" spend 2 hours trying to figure out what's wrong guy leaves without even letting me know. I am having trouble with my storage devices if someone actually wants to help please let me know.

:)

TysonWoodbury, Sep 10, 2019
  2. ESR1304 Win User

After several hours on the phone with tech. support, issues not resolved

I downloaded the Windows 10 free upgrade on 8/18 and my laptop has had multiple issues ever since. I've spent 4.5 hours so far on the phone with tech. support and nothing has been resolved. At the end of my last call your tech. support person said a more
    qualified tech. would call me within 48 hours. That call never came. I've tried to go back to my previous version of Windows like your agreement said I would be able to, but when I click on "Go Back to Windows 7" an error message appears and I cannot continue.

Issues: Cannot access system settings, cursor and keyboard freeze every few seconds when typing, mouse track pad not working properly, cannot open internet explorer, and the list goes on!

I've accessed Device Manager and updated all drivers. That did not resolve the issues.

What is the solution Microsoft?

ESR1304, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Edgett Win User
    Error 0x8024001e when Windows Update tries to install KB3074683

I am encountering the same issue. I waited 2 hours for MS support tech to call me, she spent an hour running through the suggested steps, claimed it was "fixed". But it wasn't. I still have this issue.

Edgett, Sep 10, 2019
  4. A. User Win User

Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason

8 hours of tech support

What is actually happening when you boot the computer ???

Black screen initially, giving way to a straight choice between 'Startup Repair' or 'Start Windows Normally'. Startup repair will start if I do nothing. If I choose to start normally, it goes back to the previous two choices. Tech support got me to do this
    dozens of times and then they gave up, hung up or just went silent.

Are there any Error Log Files or Crash Dumps ???

No. Just the two choices above.

Can you access Safe Mode ???

Yes, but with difficulty, and none of the choices leads to anything except the two choices listed above - Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally. Again, been through this downs of times with tech support until they give up, hung up or went silent.

If you can it may be possible to run Repair or boot back to a previous;y known working Restore point.

Trying to go for a Restore just leads back to Startup Repair. I ran Startup Repair for a straight 14 hours, by the way, and it did nothing. Clearly Windows wants to repair itself, but can't do it, and this all started with a Windows update that backfired.

Tomorrow I'll be investigating an Apple alternative.

A. User, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason

1. Spent 2 Hours with windows "tech support" for no reason - Similar Threads - Spent Hours tech

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support for windows: My 90 day old laptop that was repaired yesterday would not load the windows OS and tech said to call in and a tech would walk me through fixing it ... they never called so I tried to reload it from a previous version and now the email account wont load.My service Tag is...
  4. tech support for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support for windows: My 90 day old laptop that was repaired yesterday would not load the windows OS and tech said to call in and a tech would walk me through fixing it ... they never called so I tried to reload it from a previous version and now the email account wont load.My service Tag is...
  5. Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounding Time Spent to nearest hour: I have seen how to use MROUND to round Time to nearest hour. I need to round Time Spent, or minutes spent on completing a task to nearest minute.Time Spent minutes Rounded Time Spent minutes00:09:46 10 00:34:44 3400:20:19 20 Thanks for any help...
  6. I just spent half an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just spent half an hour: trying to talk to someone at MS. Isn't it awesome that when a company gets your money they no longer feel the need to even acknowledge you?Need any help? We'll set up a hamster cage that you can run round and round in.There, was I polite enough in this post so it won't be...
  7. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  8. Microsofts Assure Plan 24 hours Tech support!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsofts Assure Plan 24 hours Tech support!: Has anyone any idea why Microsoft's Assure Plan, 24 hours Tech support for up to five devices is not working due to their one phone number being down with Technical Issues! No one will help , no one answers emails and their web site is not fit for purpose? Just need to...
  9. On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour: On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour. Now what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-hold-for-level-2-tech-for-over-an-hour/d09f4eb8-b82b-4db2-944e-fcaa03d2e324
  10. Windows Tech Support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Tech Support: In the last several months I have gotten calls from person claiming to be from window tech support. they say something is wrong and they need to fix it. I have been told that window tech DOES NOT call UNLESS you call them first with a problem. Is this correct. I have not...