Windows 10: Spikes in CPU usage

Discus and support Spikes in CPU usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, In my current version of windows, I can see random spikes in CPU usage. This happens even when the device is not being used. I can see CPU % on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shreyanshsoni_911, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Spikes in CPU usage

Hi,

In my current version of windows, I can see random spikes in CPU usage. This happens even when the device is not being used. I can see CPU % on my Rainmeter skin go from 1% to 17%. Any fixes?

I have an ASUS S550CM

Intel i5 1.7 GHz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia GT 635M

:)

Shreyanshsoni_911, Jul 29, 2020

2. Explorer constantly spiking CPU usage for Win 10

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I tried all your suggestions, but nothing helped.

Clean bot seems helped at first but no after some hours spikes came back and now spiking more often with every hour of PC working.

Same happened also without clean boot.

Any other suggestions what to try ?

Just to let you know that I worked with Win 7 before with even more programs installed than now and I did not switched off my PC for weeks and CPU usage was lower in general not to talk about any spikes in CPU, newer noticed anything like that...

Thanks

DanielRamirezz, Jul 29, 2020
  3. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Spikes in CPU usage

Random CPU usage spikes

Hello,

User profile corruption can cause high CPU usage as it
    opens programs that are not necessary on the background
    . To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest
    creating a new user account on your computer to see if the same issue will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Spikes in CPU usage

1. Spikes in CPU usage - Similar Threads - Spikes CPU usage

2. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  3. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes: Hello, I have a Asus ROG Strix laptop Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3070, 16GB RAMand recently I noticed an issue that whenever the laptop is left on idle basically I'm not doing anything, after few minutes, the "System" process CPU usage suddenly jumps up from around 1% to close to...
  4. "System" process CPU usage and power usage spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell: I have recently noticed that on my old machine HP Elite 8000 SFF, I see Powershell CPU usage spike every now and then. It has the latest updates, no malware or antivirus software other than windows defender.Following is my configuration :Processor IntelR CoreTM2 Quad CPU...
  6. Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike

Windows Explorer CPU Usage Spike: So I've had this issue for the past few months where every so often, windows will appear to freeze up, then return to normal after 5-10 seconds. If I'm typing when this happens, windows will eventually keep up with what I'm typing, meaning this is some kind of severe input...
  7. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage: Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking....
  8. 100% CPU usage spike

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage spike: Hi my computer was working fine last night no issues then this morning I power on and suddenly it stuck at 100% CPU usage and it's all windows processes that seem to be occuping the usage. I have done a reset and removed everything and still same issue I don't think there was...
  9. Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jsschrist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emcky9/cpu_usage_spikes_on_idle_is_that_normal/
  10. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

CPU usage spikes when moving mouse: specs: Cpu: i7-7700 Graphics card: gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB DDR4 ram Motherboard: ASUS B250F gaming I just encountered this problem today but I cannot find any useful resolve method online for this. When I open any application and move my mouse within it, its CPU usage...