Windows 10: Spinning circle stays long time before desktop comes on

Discus and support Spinning circle stays long time before desktop comes on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; in win 7, everything is perfect. very fast boot. i upgraded to win 10 and now that circle stays spinning a long time! eventually the desktop will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miel, Jun 13, 2016.

1. miel Win User

Spinning circle stays long time before desktop comes on

in win 7, everything is perfect. very fast boot.

i upgraded to win 10 and now that circle stays spinning a long time! eventually the desktop will appear.

i tried a fresh install; same problem.

:)

2. Login fails repeatedly since update

After the anniversary update my desktop PC boots to the Hello screen as normal. However, when I enter my password or pin 9/10 times the little circle spins like it's logging in but then stops and just stays on the hello screen. Please help.

Ken_the_Older, Jun 13, 2016
  3. My desktop has been updating Windows 10 for over 24 hours.

My desktop has been updating Windows 10 for over 24 hours.

The screen is black with just the white circling dots spinning around in a circle.

I can't get the screen to come up.

Last screen I saw was orange and it was slowly updating. Was at 11% last night.

I am hesitant to turn it off and reboot. Should it take this long?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

MatthewGrantAZ, Jun 13, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Have a look in Task Manager.....click on Startup Tab.....are there any unnecessary apps running.....too many of these take a long time to load?.....if you wish to stop any highlight and click on disable.....only anti-virus apps really need to be running....all others are of your choosing.....I suspect Toshiba have loaded lots of junk.

dencal, Jun 14, 2016
  5. miel Win User
    thanks for reply. tried; no luck. it's just weird that 7 works great, while 10 boot goes on and on!

6. dencal Win User
    dencal, Jun 14, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    If you are getting Clocking as it is referred to. That means that there could be some housekeeping going on. Or there is a hung up process.

bro67, Jun 14, 2016
  8. miel Win User

ok small update.

while i was checking new drivers for windows 7 (which i had gone back to), i suddenly ran into this same slow boot "circle stays long time" problem! it came right after the update of the driver for "intel management engine" , which i found in device manager in a section called 'system devices'

so i 'rolled back' the device driver and the problem disappeared.

i will go ahead and try windows 10 again. i am assuming i will have the same long-spinning circle problem as before, and that i may be able to fix it the same way.

9. miel Win User
    ok i put 10 back on., loaded slowly again... went to device manager/system devices/intel management engine... and disabled the driver.

the slow boot problem has disappeared, all looks good !

10. bro67 Win User
    Intel RST is known to cause problems. Block any driver updates from within "System > Advanced".

The problem is that Intel is unable to keep up with Microsoft. This problem started with some machines and 7 SP1. Thrn it went full blown with Windows 8.

It has been suggested to people to just keep that piece of software off of their machine, since 10 is capable of doing a better job with managing the drives.

bro67, Jun 16, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    I occasionally have slow logins on both my laptop and desktop Pc just upgraded to Windows 10 - see Slow Login on Occasions?

Both PCs have Intel RST installed. Does that software actually do anything useful in Windows 10? if not, I'll remove it and see if that fixes the problem.

Steve C, Jun 17, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Not really. Causes more headaches than doing anything useful. It is nothing more than Intel's way of managing Software RAID, before Windows could do it.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Spinning circle stays long time before desktop comes on - Similar Threads - Spinning circle stays

2. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: Just bought a new computer. Trying to set it up.Managed to connect Wi-Fi, then when I get to the "Create a pin" page it is a spinning wheel and nothing happens. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/5c59b155-8676-4f5d-ba0f-f20738ea3140
  3. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  4. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  5. spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    spinning circle: when i change my astro headset from voice to game a get a blue circle constantly flashing? how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/ImmaShitMyPants [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkoq7y/spinning_circle/
  6. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning circle: Our family computer has 2 logins. Whenever one of us logs in, the spinning circle comes up after and all the shortcuts on the taskbar are gone. We cannot access the windows taskbar either but the icon is there. The only way it has worked is if I hit CTRL ALT DEL and chose...
  7. Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long time black screen with spinning circle on boot.: In general my computer will spend less than 10 seconds to startup. But I encountered the same problem twice on two computers: They will show a black screen with spinning circle after Motherboard Logo with spinning circle on boot. It will takes about 2~3 minutes. Then it...
  8. Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning Circle: I have never had this happen before, but lately every time there is an update, something throws off my entire computer! Printer stops working and now it's been circling for the better part of the day with an update, and security updates! I can't do business like this, and my...
  9. spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spinning circle: I am having trouble with videos loading. I get this spinning circle on all sites. I am using windows 10. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/9b88a38c-7abc-4503-a3e4-c2e5d894cb0b
  10. Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at spinning circle before login screen: Hello, So here's my issue: I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD. It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error. I waited until the loading reached 100%, but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding...